Well, the day has finally arrived! The ING Marathon is this Sunday, March 25th in Atlanta. Bowdie has trained, trained, trained for this thing. We had NO idea how much time it takes to train for a 26.2 mile run. And equipment . . . I thought running would be a relatively cheap sport. I guess it really is, but by the time you figure in GOOD running shoes (the ones at Kohl's just won't hold up), inserts for Bowdie's bad feet, the fee to enter, the glucosomine, the Goo packets, the Clif bars, special socks (can't get blisters), running shorts (had to have at least one pocket to hold the Goo packets), trips to the chiropractor to stretch out our compacted spines (from the pounding), etc, etc, etc. - wow - it adds up! How do triatheletes do it?? I decided about 6 weeks ago to do the half marathon - only 13.1 miles. Ha - what was I thinking????? We're both excited, but nervous. Ignorance is definitely bliss, so we'll update with pictures after Sunday. Say a prayer for us as we head out at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning. I should hopefully be done by 9:30 a.m. or so and Bowdie's shooting for 11:30 or 12 p.m. The LORD has blessed us with these amazing, miraculous 'machines' called bodies - now we're stretching them to our limit to see what they can do! Until after the race . . .
We're proud of both of you for your discipline to do this. However, for today I think I'll just get another bowl of ice cream. :) Really, we're praying for you to run with the strength the LORD provides.
ReplyDeleteBlessed,
the Robinsons