Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And so it begins . . .

Well it's official now! Jarrett started school and so begins the 13 year journey that I'm afraid will fly by faster than the past almost 6 years have. We started the morning with Daddy's special chocolate chip pancakes. My parents, Nana & O, came by to eat breakfast with us and see Jarrett off. Bo's parents wanted to, but work prevented them from coming. They were with us in spirit though! Aunt Becky even called before 7! She loves our boys so much. His cousins, Micah and Lena Raechel, called on the way to their school to tell him to have a great day too. He loved all the attention!

Here's Jarrett with his special 'J' pancake on the "You are special today" plate.
Here he is with Nana & O.

Poor Blaine-o was kind of lost without his big brother. It was a tough morning for him, as he wanted to go so badly with us to take Jarrett to school. This is a first for him - he and Jarrett have always been together, even last year at preschool. So it's going to be an adjustment for sure!


Here are Jarrett and Bowdie walking across the parking lot to go in Mulberry.



I love this picture of Jarrett walking down the hall to his classroom!





Here's Jarrett right before he went in his room. He was so thrilled! (Notice his watch - we gave him that to wear to remind him that we love him, we're proud of him and he's on Team Jenkins. He's a 'gifts' kid, so he was ecstatic about it!) His teacher was right inside the door hugging each child as he/she came in. You know we loved that! I videoed all of it and I'll try and upload that to the blog soon - if I can figure it out! When I picked up Jarrett in the afternoon, he was grinning from ear to ear. He had a GREAT day and loved it. In fact, his first statement to me was, "I can't wait until tomorrow!" That was music to my ears! The LORD has been so faithful to confirm our decision to send him to Mulberry. We know He is going to do great things through Jarrett this year!




4 comments:

  1. Okay, I cried looking at the pictures! So I can't imagine how Bowdie handled it. So excited for Jarrett. God is so good! Love you guys.
    Erin, for the Mattox Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm so pregnant-I just sat here and cried with such emotion as I read your blog...aren't yall so proud, and isn't the Lord so good?! What an exciting day! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Love yall,
    Steph Lyon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I'm not pregnant (I know big surprise!) but I still cried looking at the pictures and reading your blog. The Lord has been so faithful to your prayers for your children and that is such a testament to those of us who haven't crossed the first day of school bridge yet!
    Mandy Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys!! Love your blog! I feel so high tech...but really am not! Still learning, but having fun creating the page. Now that my parents are in Georgia, I figured it would be a great way to keep them updated...as well as friends! Sorry we didn't call when we were at the Dillard House!! We should be up in Clarkesville soon and will definetely call and come see you all! Sounds like school is going great for Jarrett...boy time flies!! Take care...Much love, Ash

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!