Last Saturday was a monumental day in our family. Jarrett had his very first ever baseball game. He has been anticipating this day for several years now. We deliberately did not do t-ball and decided instead to just keep our schedule free and family time protected as long as possible. That's not to say that a LOT of baseball didn't happen in the yard! That's the beauty of living where we do with all the boys around here! Anyway, Jarrett was so cute getting ready and suited up. We enjoyed some yummy hotdogs and a picnic in the driveway with the Warbingtons before the game. I mean, what's a baseball game without a hotdog??!! Anyway, it was a great afternoon and, I think, everything Jarrett had imagined. Bowdie, too, was in his element. He had everything so organized from the batting lineup to the players positions each inning. He's a wonderful coach! Jarrett played some second base, third base and also pitcher during the coach pitch innings. He hit really well and was lead-off for his team. They won the game 11-8, so that was icing on the cake! I loved watching him out there and look forward to a GREAT season ahead!




That's great! You know T.J. just started baseball and Todd is coaching him :) He plays 3rd & 2nd...too funny! I just LOVE watching Todd and T.J. out there...what a moment for a father and son!
ReplyDelete