Hard to believe ... June 8th marked 13 years of marriage for us! Amazing how when you plan the wedding it seems like time moves like molasses, but once you're married, you literally turn around and BOOM ... thirteen years have past ...
I had grand plans. I had asked Bo to 'release' some money from 'the board' for me to plan a surprise trip. I had found this neat B & B in Tennessee (while looking in Southern Living) and was SO excited for us to stay there several nights. All was well and rooms were available ... according to the internet. Guess what?? I'm slowly learning that people that have their booking calendars posted on the internet don't always keep them up to date. This was the case for my big trip and so the plans kinda went down the tubes as I realized there were no rooms available. I was bummed, but Bo suggested we just do a stay-at-home anniversary and send the boys off to my sister's and her family for a long weekend. That's what we did and it was GREAT! I dropped them off Friday afternoon and got home in time for Bo and I to enjoy a yummy dinner at PF Changs ... love those lettuce wraps even more when they are FREE! (we had a special coupon off their website) Saturday morning, we slept in (heavenly) and then got up, worked out, and headed to the lake with my parents' Jeep and waverunner. What looked to be a cloudy day turned beautiful! We enjoyed the lake until about 3 and then headed home to get cleaned up for our anniversary date with our friends Chuck & Stacey. This is a tradition with the 4 of us, as we got married a week apart. We went to The Atlanta Fish Market ... one word ... YUMMO!!!!!!!!! And I'm not a fish fan! But the talipia was delish and the company even better. Sunday morning we went to church and then headed back up to the lake with the waverunner and stayed ALL day ... we didn't get home until after dark. It was glorious! Monday we slept in, worked out and headed to Chateau Elan's Spa for the day ... we love that place and it has become a favorite. We enjoyed relaxing, then our couples' 80 minute hot-stone massage (incredible) and then I enjoyed a nice pedicure. We left there at dinner time and headed to my all-time favorite local restaurant, California Dreamin', for a yummy dinner of blackened talipia and sides. It was a great way to spend our actual anniversary. I picked up the boys Tuesday morning and then had a fun day with them. So blessed in so many ways ... life is good!

Here we are on an island in the middle of Lake Lanier ... fun pic with the waverunner in the background!

Here's my parents' Jeep ... 1983 model with 30,500 miles ... yep, you read that right ... and the top's never been off either ... so fun to use it over the weekend!
Here we are at The Atlanta Fish Market with our friends Chuck & Stacey ... this restaurant gets an A++ in my book ...

Here we are after all our 'treatments' at the Spa ... did I already say it was relaxing??!!

Bo needed this so badly ... lots of good rest for him!

Here we are at California Dreamin' ... love that place!

Here are the boys at my sister's pool on Tuesday ... I surprised Jarrett and brought his buddy Will up to swim with him ... he, Will and Blaine loved to jump off the rock wall onto their noodles ...

Fun action shot ... those boys ... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!