Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jarrett's Last Game

May 11th was Jarrett's last game of the season.  They ended up winning 2, tying 1 and then losing 9 (according to Jarrett ... 'horrible!').  I know that I'm no sports expert and I definitely couldn't coach or anything, but I think progress happened over the season even if the scoreboard didn't show it.  Jarrett had a blast meeting new friends, playing his favorite sport, and having his dad as his coach.  So I would call it a winning season, for sure!

Here's the team after the game ... I think about the times in the future when we re-connect with some of these boys and Jarrett gets to say, "Remember?  I played my first year of pee-wee with him!"  (which is what Bowdie does ALL the time as he sees people when he's out and about!  it amazes me how many people he knows because of playing baseball as a kid!)

Coach Matt ... what a great guy.  He had no child on the team, just a love of the sport and a willingness to serve the boys ... his quick wit and meticulous stat-keeping won us our first game (they tried to bat out of order) and also kept Bowdie posted on how the boys did in each game ... down to batting avg. off coach pitch vs. kid pitch ... did I say meticulous?  Anyway, Bowdie had planned all season to give him the last game ball for doing such a great job and not missing but 1 game all season (he does have to work, you know!) ... 

Action shot of Jarrett in a previous game ... Bowdie's dad used his mac-daddy camera to get some great shots of him doing what he loved best - pitching ...

I believe there's a picture in our senior yearbook of Bowdie in a very similar pose ... love that!

Can you sense his desire for it to be a strike??!!

Looking forward to the next season, where we'll have 2 representatives from Team Jenkins playing!


1 comment:

  1. love the action shot of him pitching! classic.
    i can't believe the season, and the school year are already over!?!
    miss yall.
    SO glad we got to chat yesterday, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!