Two weekends ago (September 11 &12), the boys had 2 ballgames. Friday night was such a heartbreaker ... the boys were ahead for most of the game. In fact, I think the score was 9-3 going into the last inning. We were all so excited that it looked like the boys were going to get their first win ... however, the other team just wouldn't give up. After several hits on their part, some fielding errors on our part, and no hits when we batted, they pulled off the win 13-12. It was a tough loss ... we left the field pretty frustrated!
Then on Saturday afternoon we had another game. This time the kids were never ahead, but they played like champs. We made some great infield plays, got some good hits of both coach and kid pitch, but still fell short of the win. It was amazing the difference in attitudes ... the kids really had give 110% ... Jarrett had pitched really well ... Blaine made a great play in the outfield ... so the loss really felt a little like a win. Love that! (I know, I know ... all the guys will say I'm crazy and a loss is a loss ... it's a mom thing!) And Blaine got the game ball to boot ... it was a terrific night ... I really love watching the boys play!

Blaine, with a mouth full of snack and the game ball too - he is so proud!
(notice the eye black - we went to Dick's to look for Jets-wear and the boys found it and had to have it ... Jacob even wears some on game days too!)

Bowdie giving Blaine the game ball ... of course, he got choked up giving it to him!

Bowdie & Blaine ... can I tell you how glad I am that my husband gets to coach our children? Priceless!
Notice where Blaine asked me to put his game ball ... on the vent hood in the kitchen SO EVERYONE COULD SEE IT! Did I say he was proud??!!!
Jarrett's first busted lip ... he was playing shortstop and was trying to catch a pop up - it tipped off his glove and straight into his lip ... it hurt, he cried, but he got up and finished the game like a trooper ... so proud of him!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!