My parents are pumped because it has 2 slips in it, so that both boats can be inside the protection of the dock.
My dad is pumped because it has a lift for the ski boat so that when the many obnoxious wake boarding boats, with their HUGE waves, come by, his boat won't get bumped to death against the side of the dock.
Sorry all you WakeSetter lovers - your boats need to be out in the open water where no damage can be done to unsuspecting lake inhabitants and their docks. Seriously.
Anyway, it was fun to see the kids jumping off the top. Well, kind of. After I recovered my fallen stomach at watching them the first time. Supposedly its a mere 12' drop from the top of the dock to the water. Believe me when I say, it seems way, way further. You'll see why I say that in a sec.
That little blip you see mid-air there? That's Blaine. Jumpin' like a madman.
And that blip? That's Jarrett. Jacob actually jumped too, to our total shock and awe. But we missed it! And once he went, he refused to go again. Can't say that I blame him.
Bo ready for the drop ...
Mid-air ...
No problem!
And then there's me. The kids all asked if I would jump. I assured them I would. I mean, I may be 37, but I can hang with the youngin's. Or so I thought. Famous last words. I got up top, took one look down ....
And promptly refused to jump. I absolutely could NOT make my legs do it. It was the most absurd thing. My poor hubby stood on the hill until the battery in our camera literally ran dry.
Behind that smile is fear and trepidation, let me tell you. I stood up there FOR OVER AN HOUR! I said absurd already, didn't I?
I finally came to the conclusion that at 37, if I didn't want to jump, then I wouldn't. No shame in that. I totally admitted to all the kids, my dad (who was waiting for me to go so that he could), and Bo that I just couldn't do it. I hopped back over the rail and got in the water for a break. All the while, though, I was eyeing that dock. I knew I'd do it eventually ...
Shown up by a 67 year old. Sad.
The grandkids thought it was awesome that he did it.
And then, when no one was watching, no one was counting, no one was yelling for me to go, I just put on my life jacket, ran up the steps, stepped over the rail, tried not to look down, and jumped! This was actually my second jump, as Bowdie had to get it on film.
Will I do it again? Not real sure. But probably. I can't stand being shown up.
This is either Micah or Jesse.
Jess doing a flip ... that boy is c-r-a-z-y.
Lena Raechel even jumped -
maybe the fact that I pinkie-promised her I'd jump if she did is what made me do it.
Or maybe it was my mom just climbing over the rail and jumping without thinking that made me do it. Thoughts to ponder.
All the cousins up top - there's a nice ledge on the other side of the railing that they all stand on before they jump.
Another benefit to being up top ... nice and relaxing once it cools off a bit.
Ahhhh ... and the view from the top. Exquisite.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!