PHOTO DISCLAIMER: You know the film you get on your car when you are staying near the ocean? The stuff that makes everything look foggy? Well ... I didn't realize that my camera lens was covered in that same film until too late. So I apologize for the hazy appearance in all the following. I'm learning. Slowly.
Today we went to a fun little spot called Little Talbot's Island. It was about a 20 minute drive from where we are staying and in a totally new direction that I hadn't gone before. So it was fun to see the other side of Amelia and also check out The Plantation, which we've always heard so much about.
Little Talbots itself reminded me of New Smyrna Beach, where we've gone for years to vacation. When the tides out, all the low spots in the sand create little 'pools' where all sorts of sea creatures get caught. We all had a great time exploring and playing and enjoying yet another aspect of beach living.

Obviously, Jacob was planning for a little more than beach exploration.

Jordan, Micah & Lena Raechel joined us on the adventure - Jordan found a starfish -

Blaine-o and his find -

J-man decided to go shirtless and try to get some tan on his upper half. Successfully 'unburnt' at the end of the day.

Jacob was very proud. I don't think he ever shot the starfish. Poor fellow.

Micah came up with a little crab. Bet those pinchers still work, though.

Mr. Matt in one of the tidal pools. That was all the swimming that was allowed on this beach. Seems the St. John's River and the Atlantic converge here and cause whirlpools and a severe undercurrent. We were happy to stay away.

Sweet cousins. Special times.

Lena - Beana ...

Jordan & Jacob ...

Notice Katie Beth's position - on Jordan's back. She loves Jordan!

Jordan & KB, Micah & Will Mock

Sweet Cole ...

Fun in a tidal pool ...

Best buds ... this one's a keeper.

J-man searching ...

Jumping in a pool ... all for one and one for all.

Ahhh ... little Lindsey. I could eat her up.

The crew all spread out ... lots of wide open space.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!