I love summer. I
really love summer. I think it's the fact that schedules are looser, plans are day-to-day, and there are lots of opportunities for fun. Case in point: last week. We had fun things going on for all 3 boys. And I even had a little free time to eat lunch with Mr. Wonderful. It was fabulous!
MEERKAMP

On Monday morning, as I got ready to take Blaine & Jarrett to
Robert Sapp Baseball Camp (for the whole day) and Jacob got ready for MeerKamp at Mulberry (for upcoming kindergartners - from 9-12). Everyone is pumped and ready and I'm salivating at a half a day to myself!

Thanks to Mrs. Christa for taking Jacob to MeerKamp for me. I couldn't pull off the whole 'two places at one time' thing. Here he is with his buddy Will.
BASEBALL CAMP
This is Coach Sapp. Love the fact that this is a camp that Bowdie went to in his growing up years. Lots of history there. This man is OLD SCHOOL and I LOVE IT!

Here are the boys listening to Coach Sapp the first morning. Blaine's in the orange jersey (#2) and Jarrett's in the green (#4). Their good buddies David and Carson came as well. One of my favorite quotes from the first morning of camp - "This isn't girl scout camp. I don't want to hear you complaining about the heat (note: it was mid 90's all week). I don't want to hear you asking to rest every other minute. We're here to play ball. You are used to air conditioning. We're going to get you used to heat." Did I say OLD SCHOOL?

Morning stretches ... pretty entertaining to watch. Some were flexible. Most were not.

Blaine-o at the end of day 2. We were so proud that he enjoyed the whole week. We were afraid he might get bored and want to quit. But he loved it.

Here's the crew at the end of day 2. Needless to say, my car had a nice locker room aroma after I got them all home. Nice coincidence: Sonic was on the way home and we were able to utilize happy hour for yummy, cold slushies!

J-man batting. They bumped him up to play with 9 year olds on Monday. Then they bumped him up again on Tuesday to play with the 10 year olds. He loved it and it was so good for him to play with the bigger kids. He learned a lot ... but
never flinched. For a second. Love how he meets a challenge head-on ... especially when it comes to baseball.

Blaine-o on 2nd. This was his favorite part of camp. After lunch they played an actual game. Blaine's all about action.

This is Blaine (orange jersey) and Jarrett (blue jersey) at the ribbon ceremony on Friday. Each age group gave out 2 trophies - most improved & hustle award - and then ribbons for things like pitching, base running, bunting, and hitting. Favorite quote from Coach Sapp on this day, "When I give you a trophy or ribbon, I don't want a high five. Look me in the eye and shake my hand."
OLD SCHOOL!! Love it!
This is Carsen, one of Jarrett's buds and former teammates. He got a ribbon for hitting.

Here's Jarrett showing off his trophy. He got most improved
IN THE 10 YEAR OLD CATEGORY (he's only 8!). He was thrilled ...

This is David, one of Blaine's buds and former teammates. He got a ribbon for bunting.

And here's Blaine-o. He got the ribbon for pitching. He was so proud, especially because pitching is more of Jarrett's thing. Guess not anymore!
***Fun note: out of 100 or so players, all 4 of the boys coached by Bowdie got a trophy or ribbon. I think he was secretly tickled about that! He
IS a wonderful coach! ***

Here's Bowdie talking with Coach Sapp. Fun to say thanks to him for the great memories. It has to thrill him to have former campers now sending their children. Great history.
FUN & FITNESS CAMP

Christa's parents (Mimi & GrandDad) came over to keep their kiddos. While there, they decided to host a Fun & Fitness Camp for the Clefties. The kids were thrilled. The parents more so!

Listening to instructions. Kind of.

Katie Beth listening to Grand Dad as he instructs her. Sweet times!

Love this shot of Christa's mom - I mean Mimi - in the middle of the kids.

Grab the sock game. Not sure that's the real name, but that was the goal. Love the rigged up tube thing that Christa's dad came up with.
Did I already say I love summertime? Well, I'll say it again -
I
LOVE
SUMMERTIME!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!