Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 43:19
I love new things.
New clothes.
New furniture.
A new kitchen tool.
New babies.
New homes.
The only time I don't like new things
is when it involves a change for me.
Like a new schedule.
Or a new responsibility.
Or each year when we get new school teachers.
Change is hard.
Because it usually involves leaving the familiar
to go to the unfamiliar.
I've learned one thing in my 38 years, though ...
change is not necessarily bad, it's just change.
So right now, at this very moment,
the Lord is orchestrating a huge change in our family.
He is changing where we worship.
Go to church.
Fellowship with other believers.
Do ministry.
the Lord is orchestrating a huge change in our family.
He is changing where we worship.
Go to church.
Fellowship with other believers.
Do ministry.
This is so hard for many reasons.
Hebron is where we both came to know the Lord.
Hebron is where we were when we started dating.
Hebron is where Bowdie proposed to me.
Hebron is where we were married.
Hebron is where all 3 of our children were dedicated.
Hebron is where we served and ministered to young
married couples.
Hebron houses most of the couples that we 'do life'
with on a day-to-day basis.
(including all of our neighbors)
And Hebron is where both sets of our
parents worship.
But when the Lord says go, to disobey would be misery.
Which, in turn, would be harder than just making the change.
So, after several years of wrestling with God,
in August, we set out.
Hebron houses most of the couples that we 'do life'
with on a day-to-day basis.
(including all of our neighbors)
And Hebron is where both sets of our
parents worship.
But when the Lord says go, to disobey would be misery.
Which, in turn, would be harder than just making the change.
So, after several years of wrestling with God,
in August, we set out.
Off we went, with no particular church in sight.
We had heard of one meeting at Hebron Christian Academy,
so we visited.
so we visited.
And it clicked.
Like the missing puzzle piece.
It's hard to put into words exactly what that all means,
but when the Lord has orchestrated a place for you
to go, when you're there, you know.
1. expository (verse by verse) teaching
2. elder leadership
**there are other things we love as well,
but these were the main 2 we were looking for.**
**there are other things we love as well,
but these were the main 2 we were looking for.**
So now we are pursuing membership there.
We've met a lot of the people in the smaller congregation.
It's amazing that they are in the same community that we've
lived in for the past 14+ years, yet every face
is a new one.
And amazingly, this didn't freak me out!
Because I love to know people. I love the familiar.
But this time, instead of feeling out of place,
I felt at home.
I love how the Lord unites the hearts of believers.
The Church (universal) is such a beautiful example
of the power of the Gospel.
of the power of the Gospel.
And I think one of the neatest things is that
we meet at HCA. I like to think that the Lord
did that just so we'd never forget where we came from
and all that we can attribute to Hebron in our spiritual walks.
Oh - and the boys?
Lots have asked about the boys.
They have done extremely well.
I really thought we'd have a little
'homesickness', especially with Jarrett.
But not one complaint from any of them.
Just an excitement each week as we go.
Just an excitement each week as we go.
How's that for a blessing?!
Thank you, Lord, for this new thing
You are doing in us.
What's He doing new in your life?
What a beautiful, honest post An...and thanks for your example of faithfully following the Lord! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this, An! Thanks for sharing...
ReplyDeleteAnd you're absolutely right. It is hard when He calls us to go, but to feel His pleasure in our obedience is such a sweet thing. Can't wait to see ya'll!!
well said, an.
ReplyDeleteso beautiful to watch Him at work.
couldn't be happier for team jenkins as they follow HARD after Him.