There is a whole other world out there in blog land.
I've been blogging for several years now and it just never occurred to me.
But my discovery of this new universe all happened thanks to an email from my sister.
Somehow, she had spotted a cute idea on a crafty blog that she thought I'd like.
Side note: This is hysterical because my sister has neither to time nor patience
for crafting- yet she was looking at the blog.
In fact, I can hear her now, muttering to herself,
'An, you've got WAY too much time on your hands!'
Am I right T??!!
Anyway, from that one email, I checked out my first crafty blog.
And on that blog were links to all kinds of other crafty blogs.
Which lead me to other DIY/decor blogs.
Which totally hooked me!!
So I am officially inspired ...
a. because this is fun!
b. because most of these projects cost minimal $$$
did i just hear mr. wonderful let out a shout??!!
Here's a sampling of some things I've done around our home:
FOYER BEFORE
{yawn}
FOYER AFTER
{warm & inviting!}
My crafty project here was the book page wreath.
It consisted of 3 Goodwill books, a foam wreath I already had,
a bazillion glue sticks, and some ribbon, also already on hand.
I found the project here.
BOYS' FIRST YEAR PANELS
{gold frame - yuck}
BOYS' FIRST YEAR PANELS
{cream paint + distressing ink = magic!}
This makeover cost me $0.
I used the trim paint from our bedroom.
I already had the distressing ink.
Love a cheap fix.
You might have wondered about the distressing ink.
It's great stuff.
I've used it on paper, on frames, on wood.
LOVE it.
WEDDING PHOTO FRAMES
{again, gold ... YUCK!}
WEDDING PHOTO FRAMES
{cream paint + distressing ink = pure happiness!}
I even added a burlap background to this -
notice the gold-rimmed mat in the 'before' frame.
Again, this project cost me less than $5.
I had everything on hand except the spray adhesive for the burlap.
I'm currently a MAJOR fan of burlap.
And distressing ink.
TOPIARIES ON FIREPLACE MANTLE
{black and dark against the stone}
TOPIARIES ON THE FIREPLACE MANTLE
{cream paint + scrapbook paper + mod podge + sanding = lighter & better!}
a little closer view to see the scrapbook paper/mod podging ...
this project cost me less than $1 for the scrapbook paper and less than $5 for the cream spray paint.
HALLWAY SHELF/HOOKS
{the hallway outside the guestroom is long and very bare!}
I found the idea for this here.
Mr. Wonderful whipped it out for me in 1 night!
The painting took a bit longer but all in all it was up in less than a week.
HALLWAY SHELF/HOOKS
{perfect spot, perfect size, I'm a happy girl!}
Absolutely love it.
Had a ladies luncheon after church a couple of weeks ago.
Hung purses and coats on it. So functional.
Cost was around $25.
We had the wood (scrap from when we built the house) and only had to buy the corbels and the hooks.
We had the paint and I finished it off with ....
you guessed it: DISTRESSING INK!!!
Fun projects ahead ... I'll keep you posted!
Below are some of my most visited blogs ...
check them out, if you dare!! :)
perfectly imperfect
the lettered cottage
www.thenester.com
www.eighteen25.blogspot.com


Go YOU! Love the new upgrades! You did so good! I must try this distressing ink, it looks fabulous and easy to use! Tatertots and Jello is one of my favs too! Have you heard of jonesdesigncompany.com, she rocks too! I'm in the middle of doing one of her tutorials right now! I love her prints with scripture too! Happy crafting!
ReplyDeleteLook at you go!! I love it and all the little changes you made look amazing :) I want to try the book wreath :)
ReplyDeletehow funny that when i came to post a comment my sister had already commented, an! this so reminds me of my sister's love! i was wondering if yall looked at some of the same blogs--tater tots and jello is the only one i knew by name, that and "burlap to cashmere."
ReplyDeleteeverything looks SO good, friend.
you're so talented anyways!
Everything looks super!! And now I have 3 more blogs to "follow."
ReplyDeleteWow Andrea! Great job!
ReplyDeleteAndrea~it turned out so great! What a beautiful home you have~
ReplyDelete