Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Field Day!

It's a classic.
I mean, is there an elementary school in the U.S. that doesn't have it??

The year just wouldn't be complete without FIELD DAY!

It was both a blessing and a curse this year that
Blaine & Jarrett's was on the same day.
I was running back and forth across the field like a mad woman,
trying my darndest not to miss the perfect shot!

Jacob's was blessedly the next day.
But it was like a bazillion degrees ... I literally thought I was
going to come out of my skin, I was so hot!

 Both days were filled with lots of smiles, laughs,
high fives, cheers, sighs, and sweat!
Fun times!

J-man's class

Jarrett & his good buddy, Carson

Good 'ole potato sack race!

Another classic - the 3 legged race ... 

Monkey bars!

Fun brother shot during the break ...

Blaine's class

Blaine's buds - Cooper & Owen

Blaine's got ups!

How adorable?!!

These were the only 3 in the class with an ounce
of competitiveness in their bodies ... seriously.
Let's just say that Blaine-o's class was pretty much
non-athletic.  It was almost comical!
Almost.

Cooling off with a popsicle ...

Coop & Blaine up for the 3 legged race ...

Jacob's class

Can't. Stand. It.  :)

Hoppin' like a bunny rabbit ...

A little game of kick ball ...

Jacob with his buddy Sergio ...

Love the parachute!

And this is a fun aside:
the teacher in green is Mrs. Grap, the PE parapro.
The young lady in pink is Rachel,
Mrs. Grap's daughter.
And one of my former students.
Who just finished her freshman year at UGA.
Am I proud?  You betcha.
Do I feel a bit dated?  
All I can say is, good grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!