Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wrappin' up a great year ...

I love spoiling my kids' teachers.
I don't know if its the fact that I once was a teacher and
totally understand the blood, sweat, & tears that go into the job
or if its just the fact that I love to give gifts!

I'd like to think its the former.

Tuesday night we had our 4th annual teacher picnic.
All of the Cleft kiddos invited their teachers.
And the administration.
And the specials teachers.

It was a quite a crowd.
I never counted all the heads, but with the adults and then some spouses
and children as well, the crowd should have been around 70ish.

A great time was had by all ...
the guests felt appreciated and the Clefties got a chance to say one more 
'thank you' ....

The gift this year was etched glasses, filled with beans & a tealight ...
super cute and useful too ...

The food was based around the 'wrapping up a great year' theme ...
bbq chicken & ham and cheese wraps, along with pasta salad,
fruit, chips, and yummy desserts.

Jacob with Mrs. Clay

Blaine & Mrs. Medders

Jacob with Mrs. VanHoose, his papapro

Jarrett and Mrs. Moore

Riley & Anna Beth with Mrs. Wright, one of the assistant principals

Blaine & Jarrett with Mr. Day,
the other assistant principal

Will & Jacob with Mrs. Stranahan, the principal

Graham & Jarrett with Mrs. Alexander (music teacher) and
Mrs. Grap, one of the PE teachers
**side note:  I taught Mrs. Grap's oldest daughter ... she's just finished her
freshman year at UGA ... wowsers!

Will & Jacob with Mrs. Pahl, the media specialist

Will, Graham, Will & Jacob with Mrs. Vaughn, 
the media center assistant

The highlight of the night ...
Mr. Day and Mrs. Wright on the trampoline.
The kiddos went wild!  :)

1 comment:

Would LOVE to hear from you!