Monday, October 31, 2011

You're Only 90 Once!

1921.
The year my grandmother was born.

90 years ago.

NINETY!

Amazing to think about what my grandmother has experienced in those 90 years ...
(and I'm sure I  know only a tiny part!)

She has outlived not one, but two husbands.
And her oldest son.

She had 5 children.
Lived through the Depression.

And a husband gone to war.
(Jacob's namesake, no less.)

She now has 10 grandchildren
and 16 great-grandchildren, with another on the way ...

That, my friends, is a legacy.

We celebrated her birthday on her actual birthday ...
she's earned every second!

Once again, the party was at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens ...
 in honor of Memaw's green thumb!
(which I, unfortunately did NOT inherit)




Here are some things that always happen when our family gets together ...
Cousins play ...

sisters snuggle ...

hugs are given ...

smiling faces ...

food eaten ...

life discussed ...

relationships rekindled ...

old stories re-enacted ...
(there were some hysterical ones this year!)

(another re-enactment!)

genuine enjoyment ...
(even though these 2 try to act like they dread it each year!)

laughter ...

laughter ...

laughter ...

and more laughter ...

birthday gifts given ...

gag gifts included ...

a little rest taken ...
and, of course, photos snapped!



All the great grandkids ...

All the grandkids ...
(there was a more posed shot, but I love my sister in this one ...
like I said, LOTS of laughter when we're together!)

Memaw and her children + spouses

And the whole brood ...
what a blessing!

**Special recognition to my niece Jordan for most of the pics in this post.
The group shots were taken by my cousin, Natali.  Great job to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!