Sunday, August 19, 2012

Yep - it's mine!

Gary Smalley has a book about the five love languages.

It's all about the ways that people feel love - 
whether its through quality time, words of affirmation,
gifts, acts of service, or physical touch.

Well, I would submit that there should be a 6th category ...
SURPRISES!!

Seriously, that's my thing.

I love surprises ...
it can be something as small as a cup of coffee,
some flowers,
or lunch with a friend.

I just like the unexpected.
It keeps things fresh!

Needless to say,
Bo has become a ninja at surprises.
Love that man.

He probably gave me the biggest surprise this weekend.

A JEEP!

Goodness gracious ... a jeep!

I've really always wanted one.
My parents have one that I grew up riding in.
Just something about it!

But the last we had discussed,
we had a 5 year plan until I was going to get one.

Bo had other plans -
this is my early 40th birthday gift. 
He couldn't stand to wait!

Here's how it all went down:
he told me Thursday night that our neighbor Barry needed
a ride to work on Friday.
Yes, I thought this was kinda weird since his car was sitting in the driveway.
But since they ride together every now and then, I didn't think too hard about it.
He also said that we'd be going to dinner at Del Rio with the Mocks Friday night.

At lunch on Friday, Bo & Barry went to the dealership and picked up the Jeep.
Barry then kept it at work until quitting time.
They then dropped it off at Del Rio.

We headed to Del Rio and parked right across from the Jeep.
I saw it, but thought to myself, 'I'm not commenting on it - we're on a 5 year plan.'
But she sure was pretty!

We ate dinner.
Christa then said that she needed to take Katie Beth out to have a little 'talk' with her.
And I'm thinking - oh goodness!  what did KB do??!

Christa was gone for quite a while,
and we finally got our check.
We headed out to the parking lot.

Bowdie proceeds to say,
"Who's riding with Mama?"

And I proceed to say,
"Mama's riding with Daddy.  What are you talking about?"

And Bo says,
"Are you sure about that?"

And I say,
"Am I driving your car home?"

And he says,
"No, but maybe something else.
Look to your right."

And there she was!
And on the windshield,
Christa had written,
"Yep!  She's yours!"
And added an enormous bow.

The pics tell the rest of the story ...








The quote of the night by Katie Beth,
"I feel so lucky for Mrs. Andrea!"

I immediately drove home to get that top off!
We then enjoyed dessert at Sweet Monkeys with the Mocks.

So grateful for my wonderful hubby -
he knows what makes me tick.
And works really hard to speak my 'language.'
Not just in big ways, like this Jeep,
but in everyday small ways too.
Love him big!

And so grateful for wonderful friends that helped pull this off ...
although Christa has an extreme aversion to surprises.
She avoided me all day Friday for fear she'd let it slip!!

Looking forward to many fun Jeep days ahead!!


3 comments:

  1. So so excited for you! I want a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sooooooooooo exciting, an!
    i was so excited for this rockin' surprise for you that i got teary eyed when i saw it!

    she's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo!!! Mr. Wonderful comes through once again!

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!