Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Basement paint

Fun times in the basement ... paint!

I was determined to keep it simple down there -
one basic color and then trim.
((which is totally what I'd do upstairs if I had it to do again.))

I also wanted to go a little gray down there,
but the first color I picked was a bit too ... well ... cementish.
Bo was so sweet to take a piece of sheetrock and paint it for me.
That's when we realized that we really didn't want to go as gray as we thought.

Thanks to Pinterest, I found several 'greige' colors that were popular.
Greige = beige + gray
((interpreted:  it looks gray & it looks beige))
I went with Perfect Greige from Sherwin Williams.
And we are very happy!!

Looking across the den into the breakfast area ...

Looking across the den to the kitchen area ...

The beadboard looks even better painted!

And the planked wall??!!!
Couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting Andrea! I just finally found my way over to your blog. very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!