Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jacob's First Spend the Night Birthday!

We promised Jacob when he turned 8
that he could invite some friends over to spend the night for his birthday.

It's all he talked about leading up to the big day.
And, in true Jacob fashion, he had a list of about 10 kids he wanted to invite.

Because baseball season has started and schedules are a bit crazy,
Bowdie made him limit it to 5 friends.
Which ended up being absolutely perfect because,
due to the extremely cold weather,
Blaine and Jarrett both had games rescheduled for the night of the party!

But you know the great thing about the ballfield?
It comes with a playground.
And what's more fun to 7-8 year olds than a playground
and buddies to play on it with??!!

So we just took a little birthday party field trip,
watched Blaine's game,
and then resumed the party when we got back home.
It was really quite fun!

Love this shot so much ... just having fun!

On the way home, I let them watch some of a movie.
They thought that was great!

Eating pizza once back in the house ...

Jacob Dickinson

Nicholas Wiley

Will Mock

Ty Warbington

Can he really be 8??!!!!

Another ice cream/cookie/double doozey cake by Nana!

This shot pretty much captures the personalities ... perfectly.






I bought the game Headbanz for the boys to play, if needed.
I ended up playing with them.  So fun!!






Snuggled up for Ice Age!

Saturday morning Jacob decided to change it up and not do pancakes ...
he wanted Krispy Kreme donuts instead!




So, so fun.
Such sweet boys.
I love this age ... I need time to stand still!!!

1 comment:

  1. We have headbandz as well and I agree, it is a great game! Next time you play, I can send my 4 year olds over to play with you. THAT is fun. :) Glad everything went smashingly!

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!