Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last Day 2013!

Another last day post ... goodness!

Just to refresh - here's the first day:

And the last:


I'm not sure if all schools do this (but they should!), 
but Mulberry lets the 5th graders parade around the school on the last day 
while all the 'underclassmen' stand in the halls and high five and cheer for them.
What a great send off!!
Of course there were lots of 5th grade parents there too ...
so special.
And all this is done while the song 'Celebration' by Kool and the Gang
is blaring over the intercom ... super fun!

Students, parents & teachers lining the halls ...

Love that Jarrett sported his new Dacula shirt ...
he's pumped about next year!

High fives all around!

Jacob standing with his class to cheer them on ...

After the parade, all the 5th graders gathered in the front atrium
to see what gift their class would leave to Mulberry.
This year it was especially neat, 
since this was the first group of kids to go from K-5 at the school.



This huge carpet will stay in the atrium for all to see as they enter the school.
All the 5th graders' names are on it.
Love!

And, of course, Jarrett had to limbo one last time.
Sniff!!
(somehow I missed Jacob limbo-ing to 3rd grade!)

Coming to the jeep after school ... one last time at Mulberry.
Honestly, I did get a bit of a lump in my throat at this point.
We have loved Mulberry so much.
I'm not a fan of change.
TIME, PLEASE STAND STILL!!

But when I saw that Christa had once again put the sign out ...
I let out a huge sigh and smiled.
It's gonna be a GREAT summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!