We're getting to that age.
That age where I am constantly saying how young everyone else looks.
And Bo often says, 'Andrea, it's because they are!'
And that age where, sadly, I'm starting to have to attend funerals for my childhood friends' parents.
Time constantly presses forward ...
and I'm reminded often that I'm not the only one aging.
One of those very childhood friends buried her dad recently.
I have such great memories of her dad ... it makes me smile even now to think of him.
And while it was sad to think of him as gone,
it was such a blessing to hug necks and reconnect, even briefly,
with my besties from so long ago.
Kind of a St. Elmo's Fire kind-of-moment ...
left to right: me, Krista, Jenny, Jennifer, Shelley, & Bonnie
Hard to believe that in the span of my life,
I've actually only known them less than half.
It's a strong and sacred bond that is forged in childhood.
So blessed to call these girls friends.
Even today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!