Monday, December 23, 2013

A Christmas Getaway

Oh my goodness.
What a great surprise!
Bowdie blew me away with a short getaway.

It started with him telling me we had a date night coming up.
Then it changed to 'pack a bag for date night.'

As we left home on Sunday, we headed downtown.
I had no idea where we'd be staying …
but I did know where I hoped we be staying.

And that is exactly where we pulled in to …
The Georgian Terrace!

I had heard a lot about this historic hotel, but never had stayed here.
It was gorgeous and decorated beautifully and really just a dream!
This was part of our room.
It had a kitchen and a bedroom and bath that you can't see.
It was really like a small apartment.

They also had a cool rooftop pool.
It was a rainy day/night, so we opened the door just big enough to snap this pic!

We relaxed for a bit in the room,
then got dressed up for a nice dinner.



Again, I had no idea where …
until we pulled up to Sotto Sotto.
*sorry, no pics … fail!!**
It was a pretty swanky little spot with delicious italian fare.
Very small restaurant with a nice, quiet atmosphere.
Perfection!

Well, I thought that was it.
That we'd maybe get dessert and then head back to the hotel.
Little did I know that my man would pull tickets out of his coat pocket for 
the Nutcracker (at the Fox)!

The Fox was literally across the street from the Georgian Terrace!

Pretty set!
And Bowdie had never seen the production before.
I think he might be a little scarred by seeing men in tights,
but other than that, he loved it!
My personal favorite was seeing all the little girls dressed up in their finest
to go to the show.  Magical!

Not a great shot, but the best we could do with low lighting!

After the show we headed to our favorite dessert spot, Cafe Intermezzo.
Yummy cake to share, along with delicious coffee drinks.

The next morning, Bowdie had planned a Team Jenkins budget meeting.
So we ordered room service (it was DELISH!) and we crunched numbers.
It was perfect, really.
I love how Bowdie is so intentional with our budget from year to year. 
It was great to discuss areas where we needed to adjust.
It felt good to have a plan going into the new year.

And this is us headed home.
Amazing how a 24 hour period can do a couple such good.
Necessary.  Vital.
So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!