
One of the neat things that I remember when my parents built their house 23 years ago was putting a time capsule of sorts in the wall before sheetrocking. In keeping with that, we made one for the new house! In it we included a family picture, a couple of the boys' papers from school, the front page from yesterday's paper, and then a typed info sheet about our family, traditions, favorite things, etc. I also included the names of our neighbors and info about the property. Jarrett picked a GREAT spot for it - under the stairs in the den. He made a sign for the front of it and drew a picture of our house (with Will's next door) to go on it as well. They are supposed to sheetrock today, so it will be sealed up until ???? Hopefully it will survive the years entombed in our walls!
What a FUN idea--you are so creative, what a great mom! I might have to 'borrow' your idea for our house!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Amanda