Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Cleft Co-op!!!

Okay, so since we moved in, all of us girls have hemmed and hawwed about having a garden this year. We all have plenty of yard, but finding the right spot was tricky. Mrs. Maggie, an older lady that lives at the front of our entrance, graciously offered to help us out - or maybe she just realized how un-skilled we are in this area! She had her son, Ricky, plow up a big plot for Amanda to plant a garden and then she gave Stacey and I each a row in her garden that she plants every year. So we are plunging in with both feet and hope to have some fresh veggies come hot weather! Mrs. Maggie was thrilled on Wednesday when we were all out there working to get the ground ready . . . she reminds me so much of my grandmother, Memaw!! Anyway, I think it's brought a little skip to her step that we need her to guide us in all this - I'm sure she'll get quite a few laughs by the time it's all said and done! She even told Chuck that she was going to get us 'country-fried' (I think she meant 'country-fied'). I'm sure my mother is saying, "Good luck - I've been trying to do that for years!!!" Enjoy the shots below . . . hopefully we'll have enough bounty to share with all you locals come summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!