Spring Break for us was fairly quiet, except for Thursday of that week. Bowdie's wonderful parents had taken the boys up to their house in Jefferson to stay for several days. Actually, they were supposed to go to their place in Blairsville, but the weather was turning cool, so they decided to stay in Jefferson. I had a to-do list a mile long while they were gone ... cleaning out clothes, getting out bigger clothes, touching up paint upstairs (seriously, the walls were looking like the boys ate cheeseburgers and then wiped their hands on the wall ... YUCK!), painting some furniture, and finishing up shopping for the keeping room. Imagine my surprise when I get a phone call from my mother-in-law on Thursday saying that Jacob's hit his head on the swingset next door and may need a stitch or two! (I was in JC Penney at the time and still managed to grab a bench and lamp I had been looking at online and pay for them before meeting my in-law's!! How's that for efficiency??!!) So, I headed to meet them at an urgent care place between our house and theirs. Jacob was a trooper and had a little cut right above his ear ... to be honest, I didn't look at it really hard! Blood and vomit are Bowdie's territory and he couldn't leave work!! Ended up, he had to have 3 staples ... and they literally look like the metal kind you put in paper. He was great, Bowdie's parents stayed for the whole procedure (which really only took about 1.5 hours ... not bad) and then they took him back home by way of BK to get a 'banilla' (as he calls it) milkshake! I think that made the boo-boo feel better than the novicane did! Anyway ... 'enjoy' the following pics ... they aren't for the faint of heart!!

The wound was right above his ear ... head wounds always bleed so bad!

The gauze had a numbing solution on it to prepare him for the shot of novicane or whatever they used to numb it ... all I know is I was turning my head the other way!!

Three little metal staples, all in a row... this became his badge of honor that he showed off for the week he had them ... he asked everyone, "Have you seen my staples??"

One week later he had the staples removed. He thought it was cool that the nurse put them in a baggie so he could bring them home to show his brothers!
Poor boy! I am glad when I see things like this that God gave me girls. :) I say that but when I was his age I had already had 3 sets of stitches and lost my front two teeth after falling on the sidewalk face first. I just started a blog yesterday after years of wanting to and looked for friends who were on here. Hope you and the others I added to my page dont mind. :) I wanted to be able to keep up.
ReplyDelete