Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Fun ...

Bowdie should really be doing this post ... he could relay the day a lot better than I can!  But I'll do my best to retell what he's told me (and hope I get it somewhat correct!).  On Friday, he went with a group of guys to a place called Durhamtown.  It's somewhere down I-20 about an hour and a half away.  Anyway, the wives thought this would be a great Father's Day treat for the men.  It seems this place is a dirt-bikers'/four-wheelers'/mule drivers' heaven.  There are trails galore, jumps, and everything between.  They rent the bikes down there if you don't own one, as well as all the safety equipment to wear on the ride (thank goodness!).  So, off the guys went Friday morning for a day of red-dirt fun.  Oh - and it was 98 that day to boot ... so add super dusty and sweaty all at the same time.  Anyway, a GREAT time was had by all, Bowdie loved it, and he's looking forward to going back and hopefully taking our boys and their four wheelers.  Seeing that Bowdie was one of only 2 that didn't get injured, I'd say I feel good about him going back!!!  A big shout out to Bo for taking great pics for me ... he knew I wanted to blog the day and he really came through!


Here are the guys as they loaded up at 8 Friday morning ... from the left, Ben, Chad, Bo, Briton, and Matt ... all but Briton are in our SS class at Hebron ...

Here's Ben getting ready to unload his dirtbike ... he was like a kid on Christmas morning ... I think he looked forward to the day more than the other guys combined!

Here's a cool shot - except for that goofy fence thing on the left ... if you look beyond it, you'll see Ben mid-air ... did I mention the dust??!!

Here are the guys mid ride ... you can see Bo's four wheeler ... he took that to ride, but got to get a little dirt bike action as well ...

Here are 2 of the guys - I think it's Chad and Briton ... 

Pretty sure that's Matt ...

Briton taking off on a jump ...

Two of the more minor battle scars of the day ... Briton (left) scraped his hand and Matt skinned his elbow and also bruised his hip up pretty good ...

Chad's injury, however, was more serious and required a visit to the doctor when he got home ... ends up he has some type of break on the side of his hand, with a little piece of bone floating around ... we're praying it doesn't require surgery ... check out their blog to see the x-rays ...

Here are the guys before changing clothes and loading up for home ...
NASTY!!

And here they are back home safe and sound ... great day, great memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!