
Well, if you know me, you know how much I
LOVE when my birthday rolls around. Really, I do. I could care less about my age - although it is becoming just a bit sobering as I creep closer to 40! Anyway, I had to do this post to brag on my wonderful husband and my wonderful friends as well. I'll admit it - I love gifts. I really do ... if it makes me shallow, then oh well! And I also LOVE surprises - probably more than gifts, actually. Yeah, I'm one of those that didn't find out ahead of time whether I was having boys or girls. I loved the surprise in the delivery room! And I don't snoop around before Christmas either - that takes all the fun out of it! So Bowdie, knowing all this about me, started doing my birthday up about 3 or 4 years ago. I don't just get a day of celebration, I get a whole week! Each day I get a little something from him with a sweet note ... the fun is not knowing when during the day I'll get it! This year he got me some jeans, some pants, a gator hoodie, a Pandora bracelet, and took me out for an afternoon of shopping, dinner & a movie. It was fabulous! He's the best and really knows how to speak my 'language.' My sweet friends also did things for me on my day - I got flowers, I had lunch made for me, I had a homemade bday cake, I had sweet gifts, and I had dinner and dessert brought to the house too (later the next week)! It was a great day ... and reminded me just how blessed I am with a wonderful, intentional husband and also caring and loving friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!