I love when we do spontaneous things as a family! On Friday, Bowdie called from work and said that he thought it would be fun to go look at lights after dinner. I had just seen on Facebook that Shadowbrook Baptist was doing their 2nd annual 'Dicken's Village' in Old Town Suwanee. So I suggested we go and check it out. It was GREAT! First of all, Suwanee did a fabulous job of fixing up the square. What a neat place! Shadowbrook had set up tents to look like old buildings resembling a Dicken's village. There were all kinds of activities for the kids there, as well as hot chocolate and goodies. We had a really nice family evening ... no whining, no complaining, just a good time! Love it when that happens!! Thanks so much Shadowbrook!
Here we are at the end of the night ... all smiles! Can you tell it was COLD??!!
Jacob post-hot chocolate ... silly with a mustache!
warming up with the hot chocolate and heater!
throwing bean bags into the snowman's belly ...
getting ready to toss more bean bags ...
riding the 10 Commandments train ...
funny story: Blaine almost got in this car, but read what it said and promptly moved to another one!!!! I about died laughing!! Guess I should have been a bit upset!
participating in the cookie walk ... they made sure every child got a cookie ... so sweet!
spontaneous brotherly love moment ... I savor those!
Love Jacob's hot chocolate face! So glad you had a great family night.
ReplyDelete