Monday, December 14, 2009

On the Horizon ...


Okay - so we've got some CRAZY friends! They have convinced us (it really didn't take much arm twisting) to sign up for the Warrior Dash in Mountain City, coming up in May. Just the name sounds pretty daunting. But we are always up for a challenge and the closer I creep to 40, I'm determined to do all I can to at least pretend I'm still a 20-something!! Anyway, looks like we'll be running about 3.22 miles ... sounds innocent enough. But tucked in that mileage are 11 obstacles ... ranging from repelling, to crawling through mud, to swimming in a murky pond under logs (WHAT???! I might be skipping this one!) It seems this race has some serious swag (which means prizes you get when you finish ... which you actually paid for in the entry fee!) Not only do we get a warrior t-shirt & medal, but we get a viking hat, complete with horns, as well as a big, fat smoked turkey leg! Woo hoo!!! The photo ops on this should be priceless!!! With at least 5 couples signed up at this point, it could get really interesting! Looking forward to LOTS of laughs and an awesome blog post afterwards!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the most scared about the swamp log obstacle too! This should be interesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like a Matt Pognant sponsored idea! Can't wait to see the pics of that!!

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!