Friday, December 18th ... party day!!! It HAD to be the nastiest weather day too, but that didn't dampen our Christmas cheer. We started the morning out with Jacob's party at Child's World. He and Kallie made the cutest craft, enjoyed pizza, heard the Christmas Story from The Jesus Storybook Bible (Kallie's mom, Mandy, read it), and topped off the party singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and enjoying some yummy birthday cake! I love any time spent at Child's World - seeing the teachers, the children and the other parents is always such a blessing!
We left there in a torrential rain, came home for just a bit, and then headed up to Mulberry for Blaine & Jarrett's parties. I love that cars were everywhere - that meant LOTS of parents chose to come and celebrate with their kiddos, which is a great thing. It's a bit tricky on party days at MES - they schedule everyone to do them at the same time. So with 2 there - that means Bowdie and I must divide and conquer! Next year, with 3 there ... well, I feel exhausted just thinking about it. Gonna have to call in the grandparents for help!!! Anyway, Blaine's class did some fun Christmas themed centers, then enjoyed yummy snacks. He has a precious class that I love! And the parents are super there as well ...
Jarrett's class - well, I love his teacher EVEN more now! It seems that the whole 2nd grade decided to forego the typical party and make crafts for a local nursing home. LOVE LOVE LOVE that! We even were able to go and help pass out all the goodies after school ... SO blessed!!! Public schools tend to get a very bad wrap, especially from Christian circles, and I don't deny that there are things I disagree with (which I think can be said by any parent - no matter the school). But this ... I was so impressed with the school's desire to show the children that Christmas is not all about self, but in serving others. We couldn't have planned it better ourselves! I also have to brag on Jarrett's teacher (and many others at Mulberry) that chose to sponsor children off our church's Christmas Wish Fund tree. Jarrett's class collected goodies for both a girl and boy ... and they were SO generous! Blaine's class collected things for a little girl ... what a blessing! And there were many other classes at school that did the same. Did I already say how much we love Mulberry Elementary??! Enjoy some fun pics below ...
Jacob & Kallie ready to party ...
Jacob & I listening to Kallie's mom read the Nativity story ...
Helping the kiddos make the Nativity glove ... adorable!
l to r: Cole, Jacob, Kallie & Quinn ... ready to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus ...
Kallie & Jacob
Blaine-train making a craft ...
Jacob and another younger sibling, Noland, just making themselves at home in Blaine's room!
Jacob & Blaine
Jarrett enjoying snacks after making crafts for the nursing home residents ...
Blaine & his teacher, Mrs. Nevius ... she's such a blessing to us!
Jarrett & his teacher, Mrs. Watkins ... she is such a blessing as well!
The banner hanging in the nursing home - made by Mulberry's 2nd grade ... love it!
All the kids that were able to deliver the goodies ...
The 2nd graders (and teachers) that came to deliver the goodies ...
This just made me excited about sending Raleigh to Mulberry! Well...I'll hold onto her for a few more years! :)
ReplyDelete