Last weekend Bowdie and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary with a getaway to Riverhaven. It was so nice to go away to a quiet place and be 'anonymous', as I like to call it. Totally refreshing. Totally relaxing. Totally needed. Badly.
Anyway, I took some fun pictures of my view during the getaway. Live vicariously through the lens!

Well, this is NOT from the getaway. But I had to include it in honor of our anniversary. This is my favorite snapshot from our wedding day. I have no idea who even took it. But thank you, Unknown Guest at our reception!
We were greeted at Riverhaven with this note from my dad saying he had left a gas can full for us to use in the waverunner. So thoughtful! And he even left a granola bar and a list of good eats in Gainesville. Gainesville, we're finding, has lots of good eats. And we love to eat.
This was Bowdie on Sunday morning. After watching some David Platt from last year's SBC (which was INCREDIBLE), we decided we would spend the day at the outlets in Dawsonville, updating our wardrobes. Mr. Wonderful is making his list. Because he is not a shopper. He is a hunter. And he sticks pretty strictly to the list. Always.
On the way to the outlets, I remembered that I had this book of questions in the car. So I pulled it out and sparked some good convo. This was my favorite question of the day. It says, 'What has your spouse done in the last 12 months to help make you a better person?'
Good one. Sorry ... answers are strictly confidential. :)

Another reason he is wonderful ... carried all the bags. Encouraged me to get new things. Even got a few himself. Perfect shopping - um, I mean hunting - day.
Okay, so this is not really my perspective, but the camera's. Anyway, we were all gussied up and ready to head to Scott's on the Square for a swanky dinner.
Yet another pic that's not from my perspective, but our server's. We were in a neat little 'cubby' at the restaurant. Very private and great for a special date. Highly recommended.
So many yummy choices.
Our appetizer. Spinach artichoke dip with breaded and fried bowtie pasta. Just about made us faint dead away. Really.
Bo got salmon and loved it. And, of course, green beans. It's a Jenkins family thing to eat green beans with most meals. He says they prevent worms. Ha!
I ordered the filet with asparagus and potatoes. Deliciously tender, perfectly grilled, melted-in-my-mouth. Wowsers.
This is our dessert choice. A chocolate peanut butter cheescake, a key lime cheesecake, and a chocolate lava cake. They all had fancier names, but I can't remember them. In about 5 minutes flat ...
... the dessert plate was absolutely scraped clean.
Thankfully we refrained from actually licking the plate. But we wanted to. It was that good.
When we got back to the house, we sat in the swing down by the water to watch the sunset. My goodness it was beautiful. Breathtaking. Ideal.
Monday morning I made breakfast sandwiches with everything bagels from Publix. We enjoyed eating out on the back deck. Who needs room service?
My view for most of the afternoon. I enjoyed one of my favorite magazines, in my favorite new chair, at my current favorite place to relax, with my favorite man. Perfection.
Bowdie braved getting out the pontoon boat and took us on a ride. This is my view from my favorite place to nap on the boat. In the shade, with a breeze. Sweet serenity.
Here's my view of Bowdie during our ride. He was multi-tasking with his phone. And about to receive a phone call that would add more little bodies to our view ...
... because he had to go and get the boys a day early. Bowdie's sweet parents had taken the boys to a fun 'slippery rock' creek and in the midst, Mrs. Jenkins fell and hit the back of her head really hard. She had to go to the ER to get it checked out and was thankfully fine. But we knew that she'd need her rest, which would mean the boys needed to come with us. No worries! This was my view Tuesday morning. I liked it.
And this ... a perfect way to cap the getaway. After all, they are a product of our marriage. Without me + Bowdie, there'd be no Jarrett, Blaine or Jacob. So grateful to the Lord for the MANY blessings over the last 14 years. These 3 being the biggest. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!