Monday, June 14, 2010

Bowdie ... Partitions ... Crickets ... & Dirty Jobs


After 15 years with the same company, I thought I had Bowdie's job pegged and knew all that I could as his wife. Multicell Packaging, where he has worked since college, makes interior partitions that seperate things in shipment, such as cosmetic bottles, auto parts, and other breakable items.

But in recent years, they have begun to sell to cricket farmers. You heard me right. Cricket farmers. It seems that the little bugs like to climb on partitions as they grow and develop. Which makes Mr. Cricket Farmer real happy. Crickets climbing = crickets living. Good combo.

Well, my big surprise came last night when Bowdie told me that one of their cricket farmer customers was featured on the show 'Dirty Jobs.' DIRTY JOBS ... WITH MIKE ROWE! THE ABSOLUTE FUNNIEST MAN EVER TO COMMENTATE (is that even a word?) A SHOW! And he absolutely has the coolest voice. Anyhow, Bowdie and I looked up the recent episode on my computer (since we ditched cable 2 years ago upon moving to the Cleft). And lo and behold, there were those lovely little brown chipboard partitions for the whole world to see! If you want to catch a glimpse, click on this link MULTICELL ON DIRTY JOBS! And scroll down to the video that says 'Cricket Condos' (as that's what Mike Rowe called the partitions when he saw them).

Unfortunately, Mr. Cricket Farmer didn't mention Multicell by name. Seems he likes to keep trade secrets just that ... trade secrets. But I'm still proud of my man and his company. That's what I call 'diversification.' For real.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!