Big day, last Saturday was. Both of the older boys decided they wanted to learn to water ski. Love it! So glad that they want to continue the Jones family tradition of starting out young. Dad assumed his rightful position at the steering wheel of the boat, I assumed my rightful position to snap as many pictures as possible of the momentous occasion, Mom and Bowdie assumed their rightful positions in the water with Jarrett, and Will Mock and his sister, Katie Beth were along for the ride. Blaine watched it all very carefully from the back of the boat.
The riders ... Katie Beth kept yelling to Jarrett (after each failed attempt), "That was so much better than last time!"
J-man getting on his skis ... these are the blue skis that I spoke of in my 'Blast from the Past' post ... I loved these skis when I was little!!! How's that for a good purchase??
Mom, in the water, holding Jarrett as steady as possible until he yells 'hit it!' to Dad ... can I just say that there is NO telling how many people Mom and Dad have taught to ski over the years ... it was their favorite thing to do. Absolutely.
This was his first time actually keeping his skis together and getting up ... it was probably his 15th attempt ... but he stuck with it and it paid off!
And he's up ... or as 'up' as he can get. For now ...
Happy boy!
So, Blaine-o watched this whole thing from the boat ... all the falls, all the tips, all the starts and do-overs ... I had a feeling that, given his incredible sense of balance, he would be up on the first try ...
... and I was right! Never doubt mother's intuition ...
Happy boy #2!
Now I was itchin' to try out the skis again ... relive the old glory days in those blue skis ... only thing missing was my yellow life belt ... which probably wouldn't have buckled around my waist anyway. I'm pretty sure I haven't skied on 2 in at least 25 years, so this was going to be fun! (reason being, once my parents taught me to slalom, they never let me revert back to 2 ... refused at every asking ... absolutely never.)
Just like riding a bike. Popped right up and nearly plopped back down in the water and I tried to gain my balance, get my skirt fixed, and hold the rope all at once. Multi-tasking at its finest.
(must give credit to Jarrett for this picture ... he's got skills!)
Then Nana decided to get in on the action. She hasn't slalomed in probably 5 or so years.
And she made us all look shabby ... not bad for a 65 year old grandma ... go Granny go!
SIDE NOTE: Both Bowdie & Barry skied as well - actually, Barry wake-boarded - but I failed to get shots of them ... sorry! Remember my former post about putting my camera down so I could enjoy experiences??!!!
Dad fiddling with the boat ...
FUN PICS OF THE DAY:
Jacob & Will Mock ... buds ...
Will Mock, Jarrett, Lena Raechel & Blaine being pulled behind the pontoon boat ...
Love Lena's face as they pop over this wave ... compare it to Blaine's ... scared vs. bring it!
Jordan and Katie Beth got a turn as well ... KB is fearless.
Nana and Jacob having a moment ... not sure what about, but a moment nonetheless.
All the kiddos jumping off the dock one last time ... adorable!
Had to include this pic so that there would be proof that Will & Katie Beth's mom and T. Barry's wife, was there on Saturday ... this is Mrs. Christa herself ... she is a HOOT and as good as gold. She and I both had issues with skin cancer this past spring. We are officially bonded ... by sunscreen. :)
Fun times!!!! I must say I'm a bit jealous. It hasn't been two weeks since I told Jason I wish we had (or actually our parents since it wouldn't be in our budget) a place at the lake. Too bad it will never happen for my parents since my mom is terrified of the water. :)
ReplyDelete