Monday, August 9, 2010

Last VERY FIRST Day ...

Today was Team Jenkins' last 'very first' day of school. Jacob has started kindergarten, so we are now officially all in school. Wow! It's one of those days that I've dreamed about at times, but now that it's here it's definitely bittersweet. I don't think there is a child that is more excited that Jacob. He is ready in every sense of the word. And so that makes it easier to send him.

The team in our new shirts. Special thanks to Catherine Robinson for the heads up about zazzle.com . Great site to create and order custom shirts. Our family mission statement is on the back.


I love this shot of the boys' lunch bags, all lined up, packed and ready to go.
Special thanks to Mr. Wonderful for making first day lunches for them.

Love this shot of all my guys ... Bo is trying to put on Jacob's new shoes.

Jacob got a new watch. This is our tradition as they start school for the first time. Each time he looks at it, he can remember that we love him.

Of course, when I told him that, he said, "But Mommy, I thought I was supposed to read the numbers." Oh well ... so much for being a little sentimental.


The super 2nd grader ... headed to Mrs. Medders class ...

Our big 3rd grader ... looking forward to a year with Mrs. Moore ...

Kindergarten buddies ... so thankful they'll be across the hall from one another ...

Love brothers shots ...

My goodness how they've grown ...

With our kindergarten boy. Don't know why he is snarling.

Grandmama & Papa came for b'fast and to send the boys off.
Papa took some great pics with his mac-daddy camera. I tried not to drool on it.

Nana came too (O was out of town). She gave the boys ice cream money for the first day.

Amazing how exciting $1 can be.


Part of the Cleft gang ...

Throwing up the Cleft sign ... this is what they are supposed to do if they see each other in the hall. You know, instead of tackling, hitting, high-fiving, or otherwise disturbing the peace in the quiet halls of Mulberry.

Fav shot each year ... Daddy always walks them in ...

Love this one ... both the older boys are excited about helping Jacob around Mulberry. Jacob, though, has assured them he does not need help.

Jacob had no jitters at all ... walked right to his room.

Look who we saw on the way! His buddy Kallie.

Sadly, they aren't in the same class. But they will be outside on the playground together.

Mrs. Clay was talking to the children as they walked in. Jacob said, "Good morning Mrs. Clay!" and then went to hang up his bookbag.

This would be when I got a little teary. He was so excited and I realized that I was going to miss all the fun new things he would learn. I could just pinch him, he's so cute.

Daddy giving the 'remember who you are and Whose you are' speech to Jacob.

Blaine-o on the 2nd grade hall.

Look who he saw! His buddy David.

They aren't in the same class, but they'll be going outside together as well.

Getting right to work. That's his buddy Owen there beside him.
Always good to see a familiar face.

Last minute knucks as J-man nears his room.

I promised not to embarrass him by taking a picture of him at his desk this year. This was the best shot I could get. Can you tell he loves school? Makes my heart happy.

GREAT days are ahead!


2 comments:

  1. lump.in.throat the whole post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics An! I almost cried! It's always bittersweet for me when school starts too...trying to get used to a quiet house :( Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!