Tuesday, August 31, 2010

T is for Testosterone ...

I love being a mom of boys. The things that they come up with continually amaze me and make me laugh (most days)! This weekend was no exception. It seems Graham came up with a new game/sport/activity. All the boys literally did it for half the day on Saturday. And then again on Sunday. And even yesterday after school.

I still haven't gotten an 'official' name of this ... I've heard 'Ultimate Chariot Races.' That sounds about right. It requires some type of toy with wheels ... there are several skateboards, a Green Machine, and even a thing called a Flying Turtle (my personal fav to ride). It also requires each boy to have a weapon. I mean, would they be boys without weapons?? And it also requires a little strategy. I'll show you in the pics below ...

Here are the boys, lined up and ready. And yes, Will & Blaine are on one skateboard. Seriously.

And no, they aren't wearing helmets. Please don't notify the local authorities.
We really do love our children. Really, we do.

Here's the view from the front ... notice Graham's weapon raised above his head. He's ready!

And here they go ... the point of the race is to throw your stick or rock or weapon of choice in such a way as to prevent your competitor from rolling ... it was a hoot to watch ...

Whoever gets to the cul-de-sac first wins the race. Then they walk their vehicles back up to do it all over again. For hours on end.

Yes, there has been some skin left on the blacktop. Yes, there is even blood on the Flying Turtle. No, teeth have not been lost. No, there are no appendages missing on any of the boys.

We've checked.

I road the Flying Turtle down the hill first ... then encouraged Mr. Wonderful to try.
It really is fun.

But I had to be sure the boys weren't throwing sticks at me. Can't handle that. Not enough testosterone in me!


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a blast. Need to see it in real life next time we're over. I think all the men should try!

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!