Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bittersweet

Labor Day is the most bittersweet day of the year. Really. I always think of last hoorah's on Labor Day. Last swim. Last ski. Last time to wear white shoes.

Not that anyone really abides by that anymore. Except me. Can't help it - it was bred in me.

Last bit of summer fun.

And so it was with this Labor Day as well. We enjoyed a great weekend with lots of things that make my heart happy ... I'll share a few:

My parents ... I absolutely love this shot. In fact, I'm going to suggest they blow this one up. It's a picture worth 1,000 words. They don't even know I took it.

44 years together. That makes my heart super happy.

This view. It gets me every time. And it matters not if its in the morning, the afternoon or at sunset. God really is an amazing artist, among many other things.

This little booger makes my heart happy too.

Seems he got a bit chilly, as we had low 80 temps all weekend. And a breeze.

Which equaled chilly bodies once out of the water.

Mr. Wonderful himself. He makes my heart very happy. Daily.

By the way - I've got to do a post on why I call him that.
There really is a funny story ... I'll get right on it.

3 of my boys ... together ... smiling ... making memories.

Memories make my heart super happy.

Love Bowdie's feet in this one - kinda rough out there!

My niece's birthday celebration.
This makes my heart happy because I'm all about family being together.

And I love that this represents both sides of my sister's family - us and all of her in-laws.

And that we love to all be together.

And that our children are the same ages.

And love to be together too.

Sweet Lena Raechel.

By the way, did you know that her middle name is after me - kinda.
My middle name is Rae. That's why they spell Raechel the way they do.

Special name - special girl!

Taking a deep breath ...

This makes my heart happy because it's now a tradition.
Last year, all the kiddos spent the night in a tent at my sister's.
My mom slept in there with them. They loved it.

So they had to do it again this year. Only Nana didn't stay this time.

But Jordan did. We felt fine with that.
She's a brave girl.

And she has a cell phone - we could keep tabs via text ... nice.

There's the tent ... that concrete is the basketball court.
The tent was not close to the house.

Thus the need for the cell phone and texting.

Jordan was a champ. Love that girl.

Love this ski boat. It makes my heart happy.
It's pulled me like a million times. And many others too.

And now 2 of my boys. I'm a sentimental girl.

More of the extended family - Lena and her 2 cousins, Olivia and Daniel.

This cracks me up - Jacob and Sarah were carrying on some kind of conversation.

It was serious - can you tell?

Jordan, Sarah, and Jacob peeking at me.
I love that Jordan likes to ride with the little ones.

This makes my heart happy - Micah learned to slalom this summer.

He was very determined.

Getting up with no problem. It may look easy, but it's not.

Believe me - I did it several times this summer.

Balance + strength + stamina ... all 3 are needed ... large doses.

There he goes for his final hurrah.

Swinging wide as he comes back in to the dock ...

Getting ready to let go ...

Super landing ...



So, with the end of the summer, my heart is very full.

I'm so grateful and feel so very, very blessed by the Lord for His favor!

And just think ... GREATer days are ahead!



1 comment:

  1. love that shot of your parents, too.
    wow-that lake house truly is a haven for precious family time and memories. priceless times.

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!