Thursday, September 9, 2010

Trends ...


Trends. I can remember quite a few from way back - Swatch watches ... Members Only jackets ... twist beads ... banana clips ... parachute pants ...

The trend with my kids (for this season, at least) is Silly Bandz. Crazy little bracelets that are all types of shapes. It's all the rage with the kiddos. They wear them, trade them, shoot them ... lots of options.

Well, yesterday afternoon I looked out my window and witnessed this.
Our own little Cleft version of the NY Stock Exchange ... only money wasn't being traded.

Silly Bandz were.

It was actually quite calm. Only a few (very few) feathers got ruffled during the process.

And I think everyone left happy.

This is serious stuff ...

Riley & Anna Beth are raising their hands to win a bid!

A sampling of what the loot is ...

Don't ask me how they kept up with whose are whose ...
somehow they did ...

Will & Anna Beth deep in a trade ...

Everyone but Ethan was there - not real sure that 7th graders are into Silly Bandz ...
my guess would be not so much ...

Notice Jarrett ...

This is what he did instead ...
much more interested in listening to the Braves game
and playing with his gameboy ...

'betcha can't guess what kind of game he's playing???

And this is where I find most Silly Bandz ... deposited on the counter in my bathroom ... they take them off to shower and forget about them ...

until the Exchange opens again another day ...



2 comments:

  1. I think we have the exact same piles of silly bandz on our bathroom counter! They have so many they are cutting off their circulation so they hardly even wear them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Those are definitely the "new" jelly bracelets! :)

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!