One of my very favorite things about fall ... FOOTBALL! Over the years, I've come to love this sport ... especially the college variety.
Back when Bowdie and I taught high schoolers in Sunday School, we even sported season tickets to our local team. In fact, Bowdie ended up being in charge of the season tickets and parking passes for the touchdown club for quite a few years. He got questioned more than once about why in the world he would volunteer all his time when he had no children on the team!
Anyway, this year is especially sweet because my oldest nephew is now starting varsity for his high school. And I'm so thankful that they are less than an hour away!
So ... guess where we've spent more than one Friday night lately???!!
Check out the pics below to see just how into it we get ...
Here are the boys before the big Gainesville game ... notice they are all sporting North Hall jerseys, thanks to my nephews' rec league days. Love how they all say Strickland on the back!
(they also LOVE to wear these to school ... really causes confusion to the teachers!)
Team Jenkins all 'Trojan-ed' up ... my neighbor, Amanda, found a local lady that makes these blingy tees ... no one at North Hall had them, so my sis and I ordered up some ... on the back of my shirt is my nephew's number and then his last name ... LOVE it! Even more fun: my mom has one that says 'Trojan Nana' on the front ... I told you we have spirit!
This is SO my sister ... you can't see really well, but her toes are all dark green (school color) ... on 1 big toe is the number 10 (her son's number) and on the other is monogram for the high school (NTH) ... over the top ...
(and I can totally see me doing this one day if our boys play in high school!!)
There's the stud, I mean nephew ... the one out front showing his abs ... it's the thing to do with all the players ... I guess if my abs were that tight, I'd probably show 'em too ...
in fact, I know I would ...
And my sweet niece, Jordan, all gussied up to cheer ... so fun that she's on the sidelines while Jesse is playing!
This is one of Jesse's baseball buddies, Hamilton ... seems the thing to do these days is to paint one's body ... in 90+ degree heat, sounds pretty suffocating to me!
There's my other cute nephew, Micah ... so fun that he's a ball boy for the team ... so 3/4 of Team Strickland is on the field each Friday night ...
Jess warming up ...
My sister (in her blingy tee) doing what she does best ... handing my kiddos a bag full of everything sugary ... candy, suckers ... you-name-it ...
that's one of the reasons they love Aunt T so much ...
Jordan is the 2nd from the left in this shot ...
getting ready for the team to run thru the banner ...
Favorite banner of the night ... the opposing team was the Gainesville Elephants ...
Here come the Trojans!
If you look toward the left of the running players, you'll see #10 ... that's Jess ...
Ready to receive a kick-off ...
Pointing to the sidelines before this play ... not real sure why ...
In action ...
In action again ...
And one more ...
Ready for kick-off ...

Love this pic of Jesse & Micah passing each other after a play ...
Lena (left) & her friends ... these are the sweet girls that our boys sit with at the games ... they keep them totally entertained (and fill them up with candy too) ...
Jesse with a buddy from the opposing team ... they are church-mates ...
GO TROJANS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!