Monday, November 1, 2010

Cleft Fall Fesivity!

Reason #1,246 for loving our little community ... Halloween!  

I've never been a huge fan of the holiday.  

And because we're normally at my grandmother's celebrating her birthday, 
we don't usually get to participate.  

But this year we were home ... and had a GREAT time with tricks and/or treats with our neighbors.

The night started off with food ... brunswick stew, 'mummy' dogs, and other fixin's ... 

Y-U-M-M-O!
Nurse Riley Catherine ... and Molly (with an 'eat more chicken' sign on her outfit!)

Some of the costuming ... we had everything from super heroes to Raggedy Ann to Super Mario ...

A-dorable!
KB as RA ... the stockings killed me!

Anna Beth as Jesse (from Toy Story 3) ... the chaps killed me!

All the youngins + Mr. Kip ...

who is a youngin' at heart ... 

guess that makes the rest of us old fuddy-duds ... :)

First house (our house) = treat ... caramel apples!

2nd house (Mock's house) = trick & treat

The kiddos had to roll the pumpkin down, around a cone, and back ...

The older kids had to roll it with their heads ... ouch ...

Good thing our children have such hard heads ... heehee!

3rd house (Stokes') = trick & treat

The kiddos had to eat the doughnuts with NO hands - just mouths ... it was hysterical ...

the older kids had to be blind-folded ... I seriously think I laughed until I cried ...

This was after a good 3 or so minutes of Ethan 'chasing' the doughnut ...

Absolutely love RC's face ... priceless ...

Here go the little ones ...

Oops ... KB didn't get the memo to use her mouth only ...

Open wide ...

Way to go boys!

Check out Will Mock using the post ... smart.

Will & Graham ...


Kip's costume ... the man's mind is on a whole other level of creativity from mine.

Last year he was the Geiko stack of money with eyeballs ... I mean, seriously??!!

House #4 (Smiths):  trick & treat
*Somehow I missed taking pictures at their house.  Bummer!* 

They had the kids do 'Dizzy Izzy' ... and then they were rewarded with rice krispy treats ...

House #5 (Warbingtons):  trick & treat

The kids had to choose a sucker stuck in a pumpkin, see what color the bottom of it was, and then match that color to directions ... anything from doing their scariest laugh to yelling boo to doing jumping jacks.

So fun!

Love doing life with these families!










1 comment:

  1. I love the memories that yall are making for/with them. This is priceless. Such FUN traditions!
    I grew up in a REALLY tight-knit neighborhood, and we are all still friends...have a Chrismtas party each year with over 10 families; all the parents (now grandparents!), us grown-up kids, our kids...i so cherish seeing the pictures of yall's community.
    fun ideas, too!

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!