I love traditions.
Anything that I can count on to do year to year.
Something to look forward to.
Like vacation.
Or Thanksgiving in south Georgia.
Or Memorial Day at the lake.
Love 'em all!
One of my newer traditions involves my mom and my sister.
Because all 3 of our birthdays are in October, we like to celebrate together.
But getting together has gotten trickier and trickier as mine and Tamara's
children are getting older and older.
When my sister moved to Gainesville a few years back, we found out about this neat thing the hospital does each year called 'Market Day.'
Basically, tons of vendors pay to 'rent' space in the Civic Center and then we pay $5 to get in and shop! There's everything from food, to jewelry, to clothes, to toys.
And each year, you're never quite sure what you might see!
So now I block off the first Friday of every November to spend it with 'just the girls.'
We shop at Market Day, we visit another cutesy shop on the Gainesville square
called Cozy Corner and we do lunch.
And we exchange gifts. My favorite part. :)
Love our time together!
Tamara always tries to find a fun, new place for us to eat lunch.
We ate at Recess on the Square this year.
It was DE-LISH!
(not so crazy about this pic -
taken with my point-and-shoot camera ...
boy, I can tell a difference!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!