I love my in-laws.
They are absolutely wonderful,
for many reasons.
One of the wonderful things about them is their
flexibility. Because we are gone to south Georgia
for Thanksgiving, they always have the family over
the Saturday before to celebrate.
Which brings up another reason they are wonderful:
THEY CAN COOK!
Both of them.
Bowdie's mom is more of a kitchen cooker.
Good southern dishes.
Her mac & cheese is out of this world.
Her cubed steak and gravy is ridiculous.
Her cornbread is so yummy!
Her pound cake melts in your mouth.
Bowdie's dad is more of a garage cooker.
If it's an animal, he can cook it.
Or fry it.
Or smoke it.
Or grill it.
It is definitely his creative
outlet and it shows.
He's well known for his smoked pork bbq.
When he sets up his cooker on the corner
in our town of Dacula, people come running. Really.
So thanksgiving at their house is a party for
the taste buds for sure.
This year was no different.
We enjoyed a day of fun, food and family.
Perfection!
Bowdie's mom and his Aunt Carol ...
getting the dressing just right ...
YUMMO!!
Bowdie's dad deep frying the turkey ...
And this would be the smoker ... that baby is huge!
Papa had it specially built ...
he's very generous with his time and does
BBQ fundraisers for the school and church.
His personal touch was to add his nickname ...
not sure the story behind it ...
but I am sure it's a good one!
These are the paddles he uses to stir big 'ole pots of
brunswick stew or beans.
Made especially by him for him.
And each is inscribed once again with the nickname.
Man, I gotta get that story ...
Here's the spread. Partially.
You can't see the island to the right
that's full as well. Oh my ...
Papa loading up ... he's earned it!
Uncle Stu loading up.
That man can fit more food on a
plate than I've ever seen.
And he eats every bite.
You can tell how hard of a worker he is since he
eats like crazy but stays thin!
The kid table ...
Some other activities of the day ...
Papa solving a problem with the hitch that I'm
pretty sure either Bowdie or Stu created ...
Blaine shooting his BB gun ... see the posterboard target?
Papa drew different animals on it for them to shoot at.
J-man siting in a target ...
And Riley as well ... he looks so professional in
his glasses. Hunting is serious business to him.
Hey, why not? It looked fun.
I found, however, that I struggled to hit the target.
Pretty frustrating!
How about some football?
Love this new sign in the kitchen.
It says everything. And I love it.
'Cause it applies to adults too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!