One of the most satisfying things
as a parent, for me at least, is to
see one of my boys finding something he loves to do.
For Jarrett, its sports, but especially baseball.
He loves it. He studies it.
He practices it.
He thrives on playing it.
And therefore, I love watching him do it.
Because I know he loves it so much.
For Blaine, although he enjoys baseball,
and enjoys sports, he doesn't love them.
But he's finally found something he
does love ... dirtbikes.
Which is so funny to me ...
this boy that has struggles with self-control
at times, can control himself and a pretty
big (and fast) piece of machinery.
And he loves it.
In fact, he's told us he's not interested
in playing baseball this spring.
When we asked him what he wanted to do,
he named maybe tennis or volleyball.
Then, with a twinkle in his eye,
he said he'd really like to race dirtbikes!
(to which we told him a sponsor is necessary
for that sport!)
I have no doubt he could do it.
He'd spend all daylight hours riding
AND JUMPING
if he could.
And, because I know it thrills him so,
it thrills me too.
I thoroughly enjoy watching him.
So proud of him, his persistence to learn
to ride, and his love for it.
The other thing I love about all this
is that the boys have a father that can enjoy
what they love with them.
Bowdie loves baseball. Always has.
Played it literally from t-ball thru college.
Coaches it now.
So he and Jarrett thoroughly enjoy it together.
But Bowdie also loves to ride.
This is new to him.
He has his own bike as well.
So he and Blaine can totally enjoy this
sport together too.
And it doesn't hurt a bit that Bowdie's
dad taught him how to work on engines
and make small repairs too.
'Cause there's just about always something
that needs to be tweaked on a bike!
Makes this momma's heart really happy ... :)
I mean, could he be a bit cuter??!!
Gloves and all ...
WATCH HIM IN ACTION:
Love that his new dirtbike shirt says
'fly' on the bottom.
Very fitting.
HERE HE GOES AGAIN:
Bowdie's still working with him on
gearing down in the turns ...
the whole clutch thing is new to him.
But he's doing GREAT with it!
Taking off on the smaller bike ...
Bo likes to say that he absolutely
'manhandles' this bike.
It's true ... he rides it hard!
Sitting on Micah's bike ...
dreaming of the day he can get one
this big. It'll be here before we know it.
EXCITING DAYS ARE AHEAD!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!