Saturday, January 15, 2011

Clefties in the Snow!!


Absolutely crazy.
Snow like we haven't seen in years.
I mean Y-E-A-R-S.
Beautiful.  Fun.  So memorable.

We went to bed Sunday night to flurries
and woke up Monday morning to a world shut down
and blanketed completely in white.

Of course, the kids were out of school. 
Ended up being out the entire week.
Like I said, we haven't seen this kind
of snow in a long time.

There was lots of sledding (some extreme), 
4 wheeler rides, snowball fights, Cleft chili dinner,
warm fires, dryers running, hand (and toe) thawing,
memory makin' 
FUN!
This was how we found the boys Monday
morning ... they were amazed at the snow!
So cute!

Some of the Clefties ...

Loved seeing the families sledding together ...
I know, the top right picture has no face ...
but I thought it was a super cool shot anyway!
(and it could've been any one of the boys -
they were all crazy sledders!)

EXTREME sledding ... 
the kids created a ramp
in the snow - at the bottom of the hill ... 
lots of air ... adults & children alike
tried it out.
And lived to tell about it.

The crew ...

Bo trying his balance on the 'snowboard' ...
(interpreted a skateboard minus the wheels)

Blaine could make it all the way
down the hill ... 
that boy's got amazing balance.

Will taking his turn ...

Can't stand how stinkin' cute
he is in this shot ...

Bo and Jacob ...
it was so icy that even the 4 wheeler
would spin when taken out on the road.

Bo and I took a ride around to check out the 
roads.  One word - ICY.

Chuck & Ty ...
there are no words for that coat.
I've tried to come up with them.
It speaks for itself.

The only downside to sledding ...
that ice leaves marks!

All week, this is what our hearth looked like ...
constantly trying to dry out wet boots ... 

Jarrett checking off 'ride 4 wheelers in the snow' 
on our Holiday Plans list.
Sadly, I rolled my eyes and even snickered
when the boys told me to put this on the list.

Guess I shouldn't have been so quick to judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!