Saturday, March 26, 2011

Here we go again!


Fourth time's a charm??!!

We ran our 4th half-marathon last weekend.
In Atlanta.
You can read about the previous 3 here, here, and here.

Its one that we've done twice before.
But didn't do last year.

Great course.
Super scenic and not boring.

But also super hilly.
Yikes.

We made an overnighter of it and stayed near the start
line at Centennial Park.

It was fun going to the race expo with our friends
and then enjoying a pasta dinner afterwards.

It was even more fun to see some of my girlfriends
after they finished their first half.
I'm so proud of them!

And my sister - she ran too.
And totally rocked the course, for her first time.
I think she's officially caught the 'bug' ... :)

At the expo, getting our numbers and other freebies ...

crossed path with Tam & her crew ...

Some of our crew that ran ...
(l to r)  Amy, Christa, me & Kim;
missing were Michelle, Rebekah & Amy E.

Crossed paths with Mulberry friend Angela & her hubby Jay ...
they race constantly and are running gurus!

Practicing for the next day ... silliness!

This is at about 6:00 a.m. on race day ... 

Crossed paths again with my sis on the way to the start ...
(picture taken with phone, so not as great ...)

Our crew as we wait in our start gate ...
back row:  Michelle, Rebekah, me, Bowdie, Christa & Amy
front:  Kim
*** And yes, Bowdie was the only hubby racing.
As much as I'd love to have him on the sidelines cheering me on with our boys, 
I love having him right there with me the whole race a bunch more.
I kept telling him to run on and leave me, but he refused.
He's the best!

Huge shout out to Barry for getting some fun race shots of us.
Here we are about to cross the start line.
Notice that Bowdie's all business and I'm posing for the camera.
Oops.

I think this was mile 5. 
Barry, Ben, Chris and all their kiddos were there ...
love this shot of Bowdie giving Will Mock high five!
I'm to the left and a bit behind Bowdie ...

D-O-N-E.
We finished in 2:23.
My original goal was to average between a 10:30 & 11:00 minute mile pace.
We finished just under 11:00 minute miles.
Whew.

Me and Tam at the finish.
So proud of her.
She finished in 2:45.
Fantastic for her first one!

Rob came down to cheer Tam on.
Love that!

All cleaned up and ready for a burger,
our traditional post race meal.

Until the next one ... 

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me, An! I think I want to be a runner now. We actually flirted with the idea of doing the half that G and Cat are running here in Raleigh next month, but chickened out at the thought of running 13.1 miles. You make it look easy, though : ) So proud of ya'll. And I love that Bo stays with you through the whole race...Ya'll are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize this was your fourth! You are awesome girl! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!