Saturday, April 16, 2011

Evidence

I live in a house full of boys.
3 under the age of 10.
1 pushing 40 over the age of 30.

Most people know this.
But if you didn't, here's evidence that proves it ...


These are our bushes in the front yard.
Notice the gaping holes?
Evidence of many a football game ... and boys ending up on top of them.
Poor bushes.

The ramp.
It's always out.
And has spent a fair amount of time on the main drive.
Until the cops called.
And suggested we move it to the concrete.
Seriously.
This ramp has most recently become a major factor in dunking on the basketball goal.
Pictures coming soon.

Our garage. 
Full of toys.  With wheels.
Let's see ... bikes, skateboards, ripsticks.
So thankful that the hubby installed the beadboard.
It has saved the sheetrock in a MAJOR way.

Those are my cute polka-dotted rain boots.
Right beside are the nasty, dusty, dirt-covered dirtbike boots.
If you look to the far left, you'll see some cleats.
More evidence ...

Always, always, always at least 1 ball in the yard.
Actually, who am I kidding?  
There are always multiple balls in the yard.
Unless they roll into the lake.
I should've taken a picture of the lake.
There's probably 2 or 3 balls, at this very moment, around the edges.
For real.

See that dirty handprint?
Right in the middle of the hallway wall.
We don't know for sure who did it, but we have a good idea.
One day I'll consider it a treasure.
Right now, though, it's just gross!

Nothing screams BOY more than a homemade basketball goal.
With a cardboard box & packing tape.
Actually, I don't know if this screams boy or if it screams
MOM & DAD ARE GONE AND THE GRANDPARENTS ARE IN CHARGE!
This was put up while we were on our cruise.
The grandparents in charge shall remain anonymous.
All I'll say is that we do share the same last name ... :)

This is a boy's version of decor.
Baseballs, baseball bucket, trophies from baseball
and even a picture of said boy with a major league baseball player.
Are we sensing a theme?!
Love that the tall trophy is one of Bowdie's from when he was a Little Leaguer.
Jarrett was determined to keep it!

This is on the top of Blaine's dresser.
Bowdie's trophy from 1982.
Ummmm ... almost 30 years ago.
WHAT??!!

Boys + Legos = little minds at work
Love the Legos.
They can be found all around.
And in different stages of building.

Socks in the trash.
Major evidence of boys.
Who like to run outside without shoes.
Which makes said momma none-to-happy.

There are so many other evidences, like ...
the ring in the tub
(I always say that's proof of a good day!)
the basement baseball hitting facility
the various motorized vehicles
the holes/dents in the sheetrock
the busted poster frame in the playroom

And while many of these evidences drive me nuts,
they are a sign of life.
Of memories being made.
Of family and friends existing.
Of good times.

And I choose to cherish each one.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post :) I have a feeling you (and me) will miss dirty handprints on walls soon enough :( Love that you are enjoying your "evidence" of your life :))

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!