You know that you're a family of boys when,
for Spring Break,
your big outing is to ride dirtbikes & 4 wheelers at a place called Durhamtown.
Last Wednesday, that's what we did.
But we had a crew.
The Mocks, the Warbington boys, the Smith boys ...
and Mr. Ben.
We had a blast - the weather was perfect,
the dust was minimal,
and the trails were muddy.
We look tough, right??!!
I think this shot is kinda scary ... we all look like masked marauders.
What hides behind that helmet????
My Christmas present ... Bowdie got me a whole outfit.
I mean, if I'm gonna ride, I must look the part ... ha!
Bowdie, cranking up his bike.
That exhaust, according to Mr. Ben, is like a sweet fragrance
in the nose of dirtbike lovers everywhere.
I personally thinks its more like pollution. :)
The following 2 pictures show how a 6 year old puts on
a big, 'ol heavy helmet ...
1. Place said helmet on the trailer, with hole for head facing up.
2. Bend down and place head in hole.
3. Push down head to insert fully into the helmet.
4. Stand up.
Voila!
Helmet on.
Pure genius!
This was Katie Beth's first D-town trip.
She is still talking about it.
I love a girl who appreciates motors & dirt!
And this is Will Mock.
Trip #2 for him.
He looks like a serious rider from head to toe.
And we're off.
This is Blaine on the PeeWee track.
Blaine, Jarrett, Will Mock & Will W. spent a good bit of time here.
It's a great place to warm up.
J-man
Will W. getting a little air!
Blaine-o warming up ...
Alrighty ... Blaine's officially warmed up here ...
And Will Mock, king of drifting ...
Because Jacob refuses to learn to drive one of the smaller 4 wheelers,
he had to ride with me.
Which meant he had to wait while the boys road the PeeWee track.
He didn't mind a bit.
Really.
This shot says a lot.
Blaine breezing by on the red bike.
Jarrett slid and fell behind him.
He's still got skinned elbows from this fall.
But I'm so proud of him.
As bad as it hurt, and probably scared him a bit,
he got back on and rode the rest of the day with no complaints.
And now for the big track.
This is Bowdie.
Yeah baby!
Another shot of Bo.
Mike Smith ... wowsers.
And Mr. Ben. Yikes.
This is Austin Smith ... following in his daddy's footsteps.
And Wesley following suit ...
Blaine-o even tried it out ... but I must say, this track was intimidating,
even for me to watch.
Once again, here's Jacob as he waits.
Perfectly content.
Probably pondering the meaning of life,
or maybe his favorite Lego hero.
Probably the latter.
The Posse ...
Wesley and Austin are buddies from school ...
fun for them to ride together.
Takin' a break ... Christa was fighting a sinus infection,
but toughed it out in all the dust and pollen to come and ride.
Yeah ... she's got some tomboy in her!
Can't stand it ... LOVE this shot ...
I mean, really.
Do you see Will's sweet smile?
And you know Jacob's smiling inside that helmet.
Don't know what they are laughing about.
But love the fact that they are such good buddies.
Getting toward the end of the day.
How can I tell?
Dirt around the mouth.
A sure sign that some real ridin' has been goin' on.
100% B.O.Y.
Love it.
I have just enough of my dad in me to really cringe at this shot.
We had really heavy rains a couple of days before.
The ground was still mushy.
That equals a muddy mess on tires.
Nothing the 3.99 carwash couldn't take care of!
This is how we roll ... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!