Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seasons Come ... Seasons Go ...

Jarrett finished up his spring minor league baseball season
last weekend.

We had the end-of-the-season party here. 
The boys had a blast playing wiffle ball, 
jumping on the trampoline, and even getting in the lake.

And, as usual, Bowdie and I were kicking ourselves for not
having the families over earlier in the season.
It always seems we get to know them just as 
the season is ending!

Looking forward already to next spring!

The 2011 Minor Orioles ...
is that a crew or what??!!

Bowdie, as he handed out trophies.
He read out each boy's record and then told a way they'd improved
over the season.  And then, and i love this part, challenged them
in whatever area they needed to work on.

Can you tell Bowdie is talking about Jarrett?
Look at that grin!


And yes, Bowdie got choked up giving him his trophy.
Love that man!


Bowdie forwarded this email to me, 
from one of the dad's whose son, Jacob, was on the team ...
"I  just wanted to send you a note and once again thank you


for your time and efforts this season.   Jacob loves playing under you and
seems to enjoy the game even more than when he started.   Though winning is
nice, the joy of the game is something I always want him to have and your
style and class of coaching gives it to him.   I heard he played first base
yesterday and did very well.   He talked about it when I returned home from
work and just know you have had a great impact on him and how he loves the
game. I know you do not play baseball in fall, but I hope that if you
continue coaching in the recreation ranks, Jacob could again play for you
next year."

I already know what a great coach he is ... how he does love the game, 
but cares about the kids more.  It's nice that others know it too ...

Yep, I'm proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!