One of the perks of 4th grade
is that each class gets 2 representatives to be part of student council.
Both reps have to be elected by their classes.
So, Jarrett decided he would run.
He had to type up, to his teacher, why he wanted to run.
We made a cute poster that resembled a baseball pennant.
And he had to give a speech to his class telling why he'd make a good respresentative.
He was a mess of nerves the morning of the vote.
Bo and I both tried to talk to him about the importance of doing his best
and leaving the outcome to the Lord.
And regardless, we were super proud of him.
The votes were tallied and he did win a seat for his class.
We are excited to see him take this leadership position -
we'll see how it all goes!
On the left: speech to the class
On the right: letter to his teacher
My favorite part of his letter:
'I will do my best on anything you give me and I will always be polite
and friendly to other kids. That means I'll do more than you ask me to on
work or a test.'
He wrote this totally on his own ... wow!
Love that Mrs. Stranahan, the principal, wrote a note to him
at the bottom of his letter.
It says:
Dear Jarrett,
Being truthful, responsible, friendly, and giving more than asked for are all important leadership qualities. I am proud to read your letter. You make our school even better.
-Mrs. Stranahan
I'm sure she did this for all those running.
Jarrett with the other class rep, Marly.
Listening to Mrs. Stranahan
Receiving his pin ...
All of the 4th and 5th grade reps ...
Fun that Will is a rep for his class too!
So proud of him!
I love that he said that he would do what the note said whether he won or not!! Now that is leadership. So proud of him, too!
ReplyDelete