It all started with Science Night at Mulberry.
If you don't remember, check out this post.
Jacob LOVED being a scientist.
So when it came time to decide on his birthday party theme,
I was quick to suggest it.
**My motives were a little selfish.
He had originally wanted a Lego Star Wars party.
But when looking on the internet for ideas,
I realized I knew ZERO about Star Wars.
Zilch.
So I had to do some quick thinking!**
Since we were out of school for President's Day,
and all our Saturdays were booked,
we had his party on a Monday!
Fun change!
He invited 5 of his buddies and we did all kinds of experiments ...
He's ready to go, in the Lab!
(thanks to Nana for the tie - is that somethin' or what??!)
As each friend showed up,
they got their official badge & also some 'mad scientist' hair!
Top to bottom: Peter (school friend), Will (n'hood/family friend), Braden (school friend),
Nicholas (school/family friend), and Ty (n'hood/family friend)
Playing with the 'tornado in a bottle' experiment ...
Putting the 'Garbled Marbles' in the water in the test tube ...
No, that is not a maternity smock I'm wearing ...
Nana sent dress-ups with the cake, so I obliged ...
(but I didn't wear the goggles she sent - truly hideous!!)
I'm showing them the balloon experiment ...
Countdown to the release of the baking soda into the vinegar ...
Results - blown up balloons!
Is he cute or what??!
Making snow ... this was so cool ...
thanks to the teacher store, we were able to use a material called
'Insta-Snow'to do this ... huge wow factor!
Next up, Ivory soap sculptures in the microwave ...
crazy!
Peter & Will are amazed ... Ty - not so much!
The result ...
Next up, the mentos in Diet Coke trick ...
One must pull and run!
We then went inside to watch a short YouTube video of 2 guys
doing the same trick with tons of Diet Cokes & Mentos ...
looked like fountains dancing!
Watch it here.
Next up, gift time!
Lots of Legos were given, as well as gift cards,
and even a science experiment kit from a science museum!
Nana did her magic again for the cake ...
Jacob's request: double doozey cookie cake with ice cream in the middle.
{just when Nana thought there were no other ways to do cake!}
Yumm-o!
Pizza and Cheetos Puffs ...
at the birthday boy's request ...
Ready for cake!
HAPPY 7TH JACOB!
YOU ARE ONE MAD SCIENTIST!
such a cute idea! he looks really grown up in these pics...
ReplyDeletemom of the year award for this party.
ReplyDeleteROCKIN.