Monday, March 26, 2012

We're getting to THAT age ...

It's hard to believe.
I mean, I remember when my parents were THAT age.

I remember the surprise party that my dad had ... vaguely.

So, it's a little surreal to think that I'm rapidly approaching
the big 4-0.

Which means a lot of our friends are getting there too.

We had a blast last June at Chuck's 40th
80's themed party.

Please notice:
I'm wearing jellies, i used a curling iron on my hair, and I have on pink lipstick ...
Bo has on pleated pants that are tight rolled, 2 shirts with collars up, and a ridiculously thick
gold chain (fake).  Thank goodness for Goodwill!!

Last week, we had another great night at Barry's 40th.

It was 80's themed as well.

Christa made a photo booth area ...
we had way too much fun taking pics!

Let's see ...  most of the guys seemed to pick a character ...
we had everyone from Run DMC (my man!), to MC Hammer, to Rambo, to Richard Simmons,
to a Village People person, to Marty McFly, to Slater from Saved By The Bell.
Who knew they were so creative??!!

The girls went more with an overall 80's themed dress ...
big hair, pink lipstick, tons of jewelry, neon colors ... 
WOW!

The birthday boy & his awesome, party-plannin' wife!

Here's Bo & I ... we were doing The Cleft sign, being super cheesy ...
which is super 80s!
Again, so thankful for Goodwill & Kohl's clearance racks!
You can't see, but I've got on just about every piece of my mom's
gold jewelry - I think I had on about 6 necklaces!
I also had on some of my sister's old heels - but my feet started hurting
so I put on my gold flip-flops ...
Bo made his 'gold' chain from a thick piece of rope & gold spray paint!

Those were the days ...
but these are the BEST days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!