Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Seaside Girls Trip


I always wondered what these little round, blue stickers meant on the the back of cars.


This year's girls' trip gave me the answer.
Those stickers stand for a 30 mile stretch along the Gulf Coast
where you'll find adorable little beach towns like
Seaside, Watercolor, & Rosemary Beach.

I feel so enlightened now!!

8 of us girls packed in the Suburban,
headed south,
grabbed Amy from the airport,
and spent 3 days soaking up girl time,
alone time, sand time, eating time, biking time and laughing time.

My fave on the trip? (besides the girls, of course!)
Biking everywhere.  Literally.
There were fun trails all over -
you could go pavement, or off road.
You could stay in Seaside or take all these fun cut-throughs 
to other neighborhoods.  
LOVE!


The whole trip was extremely therapeutic.
And completely enjoyed.



Lemontree ... our adorable little home.
Notice all those bikes!
Loved the line of old Airstreams that housed food, hawaiian ice, treats galore!

We enjoyed dinner here one night ...  scrumptious!
Michelle, the one with extensive knowledge (and love for) all things Seaside
had said that we'd have to have coffee & stroll the plaza area.  Done.


Stacey & I stopping on a group bike ride.
I mean ... it was gorgeous!

More of an 'off road' trail ...

... even bridges!

Although I probably will always be an Atlantic girl,
the Gulf sure is gorgeous!

So, this is my initiation pic.
I missed the girls' trip last year and part of that trip was wearing
fake eyelashes to dinner.
So guess what I had to do??!
Ever had a butterfly land on your eyelids?
That's kinda what it felt like!!

After dinner, Mandy & Amy had gotten these yummy cupcakes
to celebrate my 40th.
So sweet!

Love these girls so much!
Huge, huge thanks to Mandy for all the planning.
(top row l to r:  Stacey Warbington, Pamela Collum, Rebekah Cooper
front row l to r:  Haley Sutton, Amy Hartsock, me, Michelle Harmon, 
Alisa Pognant & Mandy Henderson)

Had to include what Mandy put in the guest book -
notice it's signed, 
'9 Women of Good Character Who Have Seen Their Better Days.'
That's a nod to Dietrich Boenhoeffer.
(from one of our book club reads)
Don't we sound sophisticated??!!!  :)











1 comment:

  1. how fun, an!!!

    we literally grew up going to seaside every year until i moved to NC and had to swap to the Atlantic beaches for accessibility purposes.
    MISS seaside--i have such fond memories and great affection for that quaint little piece of the globe.

    ReplyDelete

Would LOVE to hear from you!