Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Jacob's First Hit!

This kid.

I can hardly take him.
With 2 older brothers that are pretty serious about baseball,
he's kinda a take-it-or-leave-it player.

Don't get me wrong.
He wants to win.
He wants to hit.
But I think he might be more about the social aspect!

Anyway, Bowdie had asked Jarrett to be Jacob's hitting coach.
Told him that he'd pay $1 for every hit Jacob got.

Jarrett worked with him.
Jacob didn't enjoy it.
Hits didn't come.
Until ....
dessert got involved.
I finally, on a whim, promised Jacob a DQ trip if he got a hit.

And guess what?
It totally worked!
The kid got his first (and only) hit of the season.

Yeah - he's totally motivated by ice cream.
Whatever it takes!

Here he is at third ... got so excited, 
forgot to snap pics of him at first!

He got the game ball!

Seriously, is that the sweetest smile or what?!

His buddies and team mates, Will & Nick, 
came with us to enjoy the treat!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!